Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at New Orleans Baby Cakes
San Antonio Missions (21-17) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (20-18)
Game #39/Away Game #19
Tuesday, May 14, 11:00 a.m.
The Shrine on Airline
MiLB.tv / KONO 860 AM
RHP Aaron Wilkerson (1-0, 0.55) vs. RHP Ben Meyer (1-3, 6.84)
Going Streaking: With a 1-for-3 performance in last night's game, Missions outfielder Tyrone Taylor has extended his hitting streak to five games. He now has three different five-game hitting streaks so far this season. He currently ranks third on the team in hits (33) and second on the team in total bases (60).
Clean Fielding: Missions outfielder Tyrone Taylor and utility man Jake Hager have been an example for clean fielding this season. Taylor has yet to make an error in the 34 games that he has played the field. Behind Taylor comes Hager, who is errorless in the 25 games he has played the field. Taylor has been successful so far at all three outfield positions while Hager has been able to play five different positions this season (1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF).
Milestone Watch: Heading into today's game, the Missions have multiple players on the brink of milestones. With his start today, Missions starter Aaron Wilkerson will be two starts away from 100 for his career. Jake Hager currently sits three RBI short of 300 for his career. Tyler Saladino is two his away from 800 career hits. Lastly, Deolis Guerra is six strikeouts shy of 800 for his minor league career.
Salvage A Split: After last night's defeat, San Antonio has now dropped back-to-back games. They have lost three straight games twice on the young season and three straight road games twice. A loss today would mean the Missions drop the series and the second time they would lose a series after winning the series opener. On April 29 the Missions took game one of their series against Iowa at Principal Park before dropping three straight.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 14, 2019
- Cantu Announces Arrival with Pair of Homers to Power Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- River Cats fall to Chihuahuas to close out lengthy homestand - Sacramento River Cats
- Puello Leads Bees to Sweep in Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- Aviators Blow Big Early Lead, Fall 9-7 to Rainiers - Las Vegas Aviators
- Dodgers Derail Express 15-6 in Series Finale - Round Rock Express
- Bishop Homers Twice, Rainiers Complete Big Comeback in Vegas Finale - Tacoma Rainiers
- Tacos serve up a series win over Isotopes - Fresno Grizzlies
- Ildemaro Vargas Becomes Aces New Hit King - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Drop Series Final, 10-3, in Fresno - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Chasers Complete Sweep with 8-1 Win over Cubs - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bees Win Slugfest in Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- Storm Chasers Trounce I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Eleven-Run Inning Rockets Dodgers to Win in Round Rock - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Mash Way to 9-3 Win over Nashville - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions Split with the 'Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Drop Series Finale to Missions - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds Drop Series Finale in Memphis - Nashville Sounds
- Las Vegas Ballpark to Host 4A State High School Baseball Championships - Las Vegas Aviators
- Reno Aces Game Notes vs. Salt Lake - Reno Aces
- Missions Begin Five-Game Homestand Thursday - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Sounds and Echo Outdoor Power Equipment to Refurbish Local Playing Field with RBI Nashville - Nashville Sounds
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (13-24) vs. Memphis Redbirds (20-18) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (20-18) vs Nashville Sounds (13-24) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 14, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces on Wrong Side of Offensive Explosion - Reno Aces
- Dunshee Fans 9 in Triple-A Debut, Aviators Rally Past Tacoma 4-2 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Lopes Homers for Third Consecutive Game in Rainiers Defeat against Aviators - Tacoma Rainiers
- Fresno completes comeback, defeating Albuquerque 8-7 Monday night - Fresno Grizzlies
- Quantrill's Return Sparks Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Yastrzemski homers again but River Cats fall 5-3 - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Fail to Hold Lead in 8-7 Loss - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Dodgers Slowed By Express Again - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- San Antonio Missions Announce 2020 Schedule
- Former Missions Outfielder Trent Grisham Named Milwaukee Brewers Minor League Player of the Year
- 2019 Season Review
- Sorting out Bittersweet Memories
- Missions Catcher David Freitas Wins Pacific Coast League Batting Title