Lopes Homers for Third Consecutive Game in Rainiers Defeat against Aviators
Las Vegas, NV - Tim Lopes belted his third home runs in as many games in Las Vegas with a two-run blast in the third inning, but the Tacoma Rainiers were out-dueled in the late innings on Monday night by the Aviators, 4-2.
In a scoreless ballgame, Lopes provided all of Tacoma's (18-21) offense when he lifted a 3-0 pitch from Las Vegas (23-16) starter Parker Dunshee to score himself and Billy Cooke.
Wade LeBlanc made a rehab start for the Rainiers and went 4 1/3 innings, giving up one run on three hits, with two walks and two strikeouts.
In the batter's box, Tacoma was paced by Lopes, who went 2-for-4 with a home run and two RBIs, marking the fifth time Lopes has gone yard this season and the third day in a row. Lopes improved his season average to .304 and has at least one RBI in 10 of the last 14 games. Over his last five games, Lopes has four big flies and 10 RBI.
Billy Cooke furnished a standout day at the dish as well, going 2-for-4 with a triple. Ian Miller also contributed for the Rainiers, going 2-for-3 with a double, getting on base once via free pass.
Overall, Tacoma plated their two runs on nine hits, four of which went for extra bases, including one home run. The Rainiers also drew two free passes from Las Vegas pitchers.
The Rainiers will take the field again on Tuesday at 10:35 AM PDT against Las Vegas when Christian Bergman takes the hill for Tacoma. Mike Curto will have full coverage on South Sound Talk 850 with audio streaming available on the Tacoma Rainiers TuneIn Radio Network.
All tickets, group outings, and suites packages for the 2019 season are available for purchase in person at the Cheney Stadium Box Office, online at TacomaRainiers.com and WeRTacoma.com, or over the phone at (253) 752-7707. The most up-to-date news and notes about the Rainiers throughout the season can be found by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand), Instagram (tacomarainiers) or liking the team on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 14, 2019
- Cantu Announces Arrival with Pair of Homers to Power Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- River Cats fall to Chihuahuas to close out lengthy homestand - Sacramento River Cats
- Puello Leads Bees to Sweep in Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- Aviators Blow Big Early Lead, Fall 9-7 to Rainiers - Las Vegas Aviators
- Dodgers Derail Express 15-6 in Series Finale - Round Rock Express
- Bishop Homers Twice, Rainiers Complete Big Comeback in Vegas Finale - Tacoma Rainiers
- Tacos serve up a series win over Isotopes - Fresno Grizzlies
- Ildemaro Vargas Becomes Aces New Hit King - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Drop Series Final, 10-3, in Fresno - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Chasers Complete Sweep with 8-1 Win over Cubs - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bees Win Slugfest in Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- Storm Chasers Trounce I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Eleven-Run Inning Rockets Dodgers to Win in Round Rock - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Mash Way to 9-3 Win over Nashville - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions Split with the 'Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Drop Series Finale to Missions - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds Drop Series Finale in Memphis - Nashville Sounds
- Las Vegas Ballpark to Host 4A State High School Baseball Championships - Las Vegas Aviators
- Reno Aces Game Notes vs. Salt Lake - Reno Aces
- Missions Begin Five-Game Homestand Thursday - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Sounds and Echo Outdoor Power Equipment to Refurbish Local Playing Field with RBI Nashville - Nashville Sounds
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (13-24) vs. Memphis Redbirds (20-18) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (20-18) vs Nashville Sounds (13-24) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 14, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces on Wrong Side of Offensive Explosion - Reno Aces
- Dunshee Fans 9 in Triple-A Debut, Aviators Rally Past Tacoma 4-2 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Lopes Homers for Third Consecutive Game in Rainiers Defeat against Aviators - Tacoma Rainiers
- Fresno completes comeback, defeating Albuquerque 8-7 Monday night - Fresno Grizzlies
- Quantrill's Return Sparks Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Yastrzemski homers again but River Cats fall 5-3 - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Fail to Hold Lead in 8-7 Loss - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Dodgers Slowed By Express Again - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Rainiers Stories
- Rainiers Among Minor League Baseball's Top-25 in Merchandise Sales for Fifth-Straight Year
- Rainiers Giving Tacoma a Taste of Baseball with "Cheneyville Grab N' Go" Drive-Thru
- Seattle Mariners to Utilize Cheney Stadium for "Taxi Squad" Practices, Simulated Games Beginning July 27
- Tacoma Rainiers Statement Regarding Cancelation of 2020 Minor League Baseball Season
- Tacoma Rainiers Hosting Virtual Watch Party for Annual 3rd of July Fireworks Show