Landers Foiled by Fuel, 4-1
January 2, 2022 - ECHL (ECHL) - Iowa Heartlanders News Release
Indianapolis, IN - The Iowa Heartlanders continued a five-game road trip with a 4-1 loss to the Indy Fuel Sunday at the Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Jake Smith scored for Iowa at 1:20 of the third, his first ECHL tally, but Indy's Seamus Malone extended the lead with 3:39 left in the third to ice the game and make it 3-1, then potted the empty netter.
The Heartlanders have played two straight games on the road and Iowa visits Rapid City next weekend.
Corbin Kaczperski stopped 31 shots in defeat. He has allowed five goals in his first three Landers appearances. Kaczperski made 10 saves in the first and 13 in the second. His best denial came on a stretching denial halfway through the first on Darien Craighead; Kaczperski went full extension, reached his glove out and flashed the leather at the right doorstep to shut down an odd-man rush and cross-crease chance.
Mitch Gillam blocked 19 shots to earn his third win of the campaign.
The Heartlanders visit Rapid City for three games next week, starting Fri., Jan. 7 at 8:00 p.m. All Heartlanders games can be streamed through iowaheartlanders.com/listenlive and on Flohockey.tv.
Upcoming Home Games
Friday, January 14th at 7:00 p.m. vs. Kansas City: Hockey is for Everyone Night
Wednesday, January 26th at 7:00 p.m. vs. Indy - Sports Career Fair / College Night
Friday, January 28th at 7:00 p.m. vs. Kalamazoo - Boy Scouts Night
Saturday, January 29th at 7:00 p.m. vs. Kalamazoo - Marvel © theme night
The Heartlanders Season ticket memberships, group tickets, mini-plans, flex vouchers and single-game tickets are available for the Heartlanders inaugural season by calling 319-569-GOAL and visiting iowaheartlanders.com/tickets.
Season ticket memberships, group tickets, mini-plans, flex vouchers and single-game tickets are available for the Heartlanders inaugural season by calling 319-569-GOAL and visiting iowaheartlanders.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 2, 2022
- Americans Sweep Idaho - Allen Americans
- K-Wings Open 2022 with Scoring Onslaught - Kalamazoo Wings
- Steelheads Fall in Weekend Finale, 5-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- Bobby Butler Helps Lift Railers to 5-3 Victory over Reading - Worcester Railers HC
- Stingrays Surrender Three in Loss - South Carolina Stingrays
- Blades Fall 3-2 in Overtime at Atlanta - Florida Everblades
- Two-Goal Night from Malone Hands Indy a 4-1 Win - Indy Fuel
- Nesbitt Nets Game-Winner in Overtime - Atlanta Gladiators
- Oilers Can't Spring Comeback against Kalamazoo - Tulsa Oilers
- Bajkov Scores First Goal Since November 10 in 5-3 Loss to Worcester - Reading Royals
- Landers Foiled by Fuel, 4-1 - Iowa Heartlanders
- Parik, Wichers to AHL, Rush Add Three - Rapid City Rush
- Aksiantsiuk, Jurusik, Merchant, Wardley Called to AHL Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Schedule Update: Postponement of Home Games - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - January 2 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines - ECHL
- Stingrays Sign Forward Nigel Slade - South Carolina Stingrays
- Battle in Worcester Opens the New Year at 3:05 p.m. - Reading Royals
- Game Day Preview: Americans Host Idaho, 4:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Glads Look to Finish Weekend on High Note - Atlanta Gladiators
- Lions Lose to Mariners - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Sunday's Adirondack vs. Trois-Rivières Game Postponed - Adirondack Thunder
- Everblades Gunning for Sweep of the Gladiators - Florida Everblades
- Watts Scores Late to Force OT; Mavs Win, 4-3 - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Start 2022 on Winning Note - Utah Grizzlies
- Rush Drop High-Scoring Game to Utah, 6-4 - Rapid City Rush
- Americans Score Late, Beat Idaho 3-2 - Allen Americans
- Shorthanded Admirals Pull off Comeback, Beat Nailers 4-3 - Norfolk Admirals
- Rabbits Fall Short in Loss to Orlando on New Year's Day - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.