LA Kings Recall Cal Petersen from Ontario
ONTARIO, CA - The Los Angeles Kings, NHL affiliate of the Ontario Reign, have recalled goaltender Cal Petersen from Ontario. The Kings have also acquired forward Trevor Moore, in addition to a pair of third-round draft picks, in exchange for forward Kyle Clifford and goaltender Jack Campbell.
Petersen, 25, has posted a 17-15-4 record, a .906 save percentage and a 3.43 goals against average from 37 games played this season with the Reign. At the time of his recall, Petersen leads the American Hockey League in minutes played, saves and shots faced this season. The Waterloo, IA native recently represented Ontario at the 2020 AHL All-Star Classic, his second career AHL All-Star appearance, and is Ontario's all-time franchise leader with 53 victories.
Campbell and Clifford are both Ontario Reign alumni. Campbell appeared in 80 career games with the Reign, and posted a 43-26-15 record, with a .912 save percentage and a 2.67 goals against average with Ontario. Clifford appeared in two games with the AHL's Ontario Reign during the 2015-16 season on a conditioning loan, and collected seven points (4-3=7) from nine games played with the ECHL's Ontario Reign during the NHL lockout during the 2012-13 season.
The Ontario Reign are in the midst of their 2019-20 season, their fourth as members of the American Hockey League. For more information regarding upcoming home games, promotions and ticket offers, visit www.ontarioreign.com/schedule/, and to secure your seats with a Reign ticket plan, call 909.941.7825 or visit OntarioReign.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 6, 2020
- Wolves Caught by Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Condors Throw It Back with Fog Jerseys, $2 Beers, and $1 Hot Dogs Friday - Bakersfield Condors
- Barracuda Forward Jonny Brodzinski and Lauren Brodzinski Celebrate Birth of their First Child - San Jose Barracuda
- Third Annual Great Skate Happens Saturday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Blackhawks Night and Sock Monkey Madness Highlight Weekend Slate - Rockford IceHogs
- San Diego Gulls Announce Three-Year Partnership with Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego Gulls
- Five Memorable Games at CAA Arena - Belleville Senators
- IceHogs Re-Assign Defenseman Jack Ramsey to Indy Fuel - Rockford IceHogs
- Barracuda Recall Artem Ivanyuzhenkov and Reassign Andrew Shortridge - San Jose Barracuda
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Matt Bartkowski from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Flames Recall Brandon Davidson - Stockton Heat
- Coyotes Recall Robbie Russo from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Amerks Renew Partnership with Seneca Park Zoo Society for "Defend the Ice Month" - Rochester Americans
- Andy Andreoff Recalled by Philadelphia - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Devils Ink Kyle Cumiskey to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Blue Jackets Recall Three Players from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Kirill Ustimenko Reassigned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Hayton Scores In Debut, Prosvetov Stellar But Tucson Falls To Open Gem Show Road Trip - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Spilled 4-2 by Gulls - San Jose Barracuda
- Gulls Double up San Jose, 4-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Start Fast in 4-2 Win in Front of 7,090 - Bakersfield Condors
- First Line Shines, Rocket Beat Comets 5-4 in OT - Laval Rocket
- Defense Shines in Wild's 4-0 Win against Rampage - Iowa Wild
- LA Kings Recall Cal Petersen from Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Admirals Stumble against Griffins - Milwaukee Admirals
- Kahkonen, Wild Silence Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.