San Diego Gulls Announce Three-Year Partnership with Rady Children's Hospital
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Gulls announced today that the American Hockey League (AHL) club has entered a three-year partnership with Rady Children's Hospital, the largest children's hospital in California providing the largest source of comprehensive pediatric medical services in San Diego, southern Riverside and Imperial counties.
As part of the partnership, the Gulls will raise funds and awareness for Rady Children's Hospital by hosting Family Day this Sunday, Feb. 9 when the club hosts the Bakersfield Condors at Pechanga Arena San Diego (5 p.m.). Gulls fans are invited to participate in Family Day in a variety of ways, including a 'text to donate' campaign.
"San Diego offers so many opportunities for our community to gather together and celebrate what makes our city special," said Alexandra Loker, Senior Director of Philanthropy at Rady Children's Hospital Foundation. "The Gulls are exactly the type of team we want to celebrate - one of the winningest in the AHL record books - and certainly a point of pride in our city. We are enthusiastic about our partnership with the Gulls to drive even more excitement around their season and create a dialog about the importance of keeping our children healthy."
Fans attending or watching Sunday's FOX 5 San Diego telecast can donate to Rady Children's Hospital in a number of ways. Text "RADY" to "41444," and a specified donation will be made to the hospital.
"We are proud to align with one of the nation's leading children's hospitals and support their mission to restore, sustain and enhance the health and development of children in our region," said Gulls President of Business Operation's Matt Savant. "Rady Children's Hospital shares our focus on improving the health and wellness of the San Diego community, and our partnership will help us further meet that goal by raising funds to support an exemplary organization."
Gulls players, coaches and staff have regularly visited patients at Rady Children's Hospital and Ronald McDonald House San Diego since 2015 and will continue to bolster the number of visits each season.
Alexandra Loker will be featured on both the Gulls television and radio broadcasts, highlighting the new partnership between Rady Children's Hospital and the San Diego Gulls, and how the collaboration supports the hospital's efforts to protect the magic of childhood. During the game, Rady Children's Hospital patients and physicians will have the opportunity to be a part of in-game elements such as riding the Zamboni, viewing warmups from the penalty box, and the ceremonial puck drop. Rady Children's Hospital patient Parker Watson will participate in the ceremonial puck drop. Parker is an avid sports fan who is currently undergoing treatment at the Peckham Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at Rady Children's Hospital.
Tickets for Family Day are still available. Individual game tickets can be purchased through SanDiegoGulls.com/tickets or by calling (844) GO GULLS.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 6, 2020
- Wolves Caught by Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Condors Throw It Back with Fog Jerseys, $2 Beers, and $1 Hot Dogs Friday - Bakersfield Condors
- Barracuda Forward Jonny Brodzinski and Lauren Brodzinski Celebrate Birth of their First Child - San Jose Barracuda
- Third Annual Great Skate Happens Saturday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Blackhawks Night and Sock Monkey Madness Highlight Weekend Slate - Rockford IceHogs
- San Diego Gulls Announce Three-Year Partnership with Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego Gulls
- Five Memorable Games at CAA Arena - Belleville Senators
- IceHogs Re-Assign Defenseman Jack Ramsey to Indy Fuel - Rockford IceHogs
- Barracuda Recall Artem Ivanyuzhenkov and Reassign Andrew Shortridge - San Jose Barracuda
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Matt Bartkowski from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Flames Recall Brandon Davidson - Stockton Heat
- Coyotes Recall Robbie Russo from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Amerks Renew Partnership with Seneca Park Zoo Society for "Defend the Ice Month" - Rochester Americans
- Andy Andreoff Recalled by Philadelphia - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Devils Ink Kyle Cumiskey to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Blue Jackets Recall Three Players from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Kirill Ustimenko Reassigned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Hayton Scores In Debut, Prosvetov Stellar But Tucson Falls To Open Gem Show Road Trip - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Spilled 4-2 by Gulls - San Jose Barracuda
- Gulls Double up San Jose, 4-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Start Fast in 4-2 Win in Front of 7,090 - Bakersfield Condors
- First Line Shines, Rocket Beat Comets 5-4 in OT - Laval Rocket
- Defense Shines in Wild's 4-0 Win against Rampage - Iowa Wild
- LA Kings Recall Cal Petersen from Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Admirals Stumble against Griffins - Milwaukee Admirals
- Kahkonen, Wild Silence Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Gulls Stories
- San Diego Gulls Set 2020-21 Training Camp Roster
- San Diego Gulls Announce 2020-21 Preseason Schedule
- San Diego Gulls Sign Glass, Brouillard, Kanzig and Lowe to One-Year Contracts
- San Diego Gulls to Open 2021 Training Camp Monday, January 11 at Great Park Ice in Irvine, Calif.
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Anthony Stolarz to Two-Year Contract