Coyotes Recall Robbie Russo from Tucson
GLENDALE, ARIZONA - Arizona Coyotes President of Hockey Operations and General Manager John Chayka announced today that the Coyotes have recalled defenseman Robbie Russo from the Tucson Roadrunners, the club's American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate.
The 26-year-old Russo has registered 2-12-14 and 25 penalty minutes (PIM) in 40 games with the Roadrunners this season. The 6-foot, 198-pound native of Westmont, Illinois has recorded 29-127-156 and 217 PIM in 311 career AHL games with Grand Rapids and Tucson. He has also skated in 19 career NHL games with the Detroit Red Wings.
Russo was originally drafted by the New York Islanders in the fourth round (95th overall) in the 2011 Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 6, 2020
- Wolves Caught by Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Condors Throw It Back with Fog Jerseys, $2 Beers, and $1 Hot Dogs Friday - Bakersfield Condors
- Barracuda Forward Jonny Brodzinski and Lauren Brodzinski Celebrate Birth of their First Child - San Jose Barracuda
- Third Annual Great Skate Happens Saturday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Blackhawks Night and Sock Monkey Madness Highlight Weekend Slate - Rockford IceHogs
- San Diego Gulls Announce Three-Year Partnership with Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego Gulls
- Five Memorable Games at CAA Arena - Belleville Senators
- IceHogs Re-Assign Defenseman Jack Ramsey to Indy Fuel - Rockford IceHogs
- Barracuda Recall Artem Ivanyuzhenkov and Reassign Andrew Shortridge - San Jose Barracuda
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Matt Bartkowski from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Flames Recall Brandon Davidson - Stockton Heat
- Coyotes Recall Robbie Russo from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Amerks Renew Partnership with Seneca Park Zoo Society for "Defend the Ice Month" - Rochester Americans
- Andy Andreoff Recalled by Philadelphia - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Devils Ink Kyle Cumiskey to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Blue Jackets Recall Three Players from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Kirill Ustimenko Reassigned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Hayton Scores In Debut, Prosvetov Stellar But Tucson Falls To Open Gem Show Road Trip - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Spilled 4-2 by Gulls - San Jose Barracuda
- Gulls Double up San Jose, 4-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Start Fast in 4-2 Win in Front of 7,090 - Bakersfield Condors
- First Line Shines, Rocket Beat Comets 5-4 in OT - Laval Rocket
- Defense Shines in Wild's 4-0 Win against Rampage - Iowa Wild
- LA Kings Recall Cal Petersen from Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Admirals Stumble against Griffins - Milwaukee Admirals
- Kahkonen, Wild Silence Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.