Devils Ink Kyle Cumiskey to AHL Contract
BINGHAMTON - The Binghamton Devils announced today that the club has signed defenseman Kyle Cumiskey to an American Hockey League contract for the rest of the 2019-20 season. The announcement came from Binghamton's General Manager Tom Fitzgerald.
Cumiskey, 33, has played 18 games with Binghamton this season and has two goals and five assists. Last season, Cumiskey played 35 games for the Providence Bruins and recorded three goals and 15 assists for 18 points. The defenseman also appeared in one game with the Toronto Marlies and 11 games with the ECHL's Newfoundland Growlers.
The Abbotsford, BC native captured a Stanley Cup with the Chicago Blackhawks in 2014-15. Prior to his professional career, Cumiskey helped the Western Hockey League's Kelowna Rockets to a Memorial Cup Championship in 2003-04 and a WHL Championship in 2004-05.
In 278 regular-season American Hockey League games with Binghamton, Albany, Lake Erie, Syracuse, Rockford, Toronto, and Providence, Cumiskey has 27 goals and 104 assists. Cumiskey has nine goals and 26 assists in 139 NHL games with Colorado and Chicago.
He was a 2005 seventh-round pick (222nd overall) of the Avalanche.
The Devils are back home Wednesday, February 12 against the Syracuse Crunch at 7:05 p.m. Kids under 12 get FREE tickets with the purchase of an adult ticket and includes a FREE happy meal courtesy of McDonald's and Mix 103.3FM. Also, Pasquale's Deli Sausage Sandwiches will be just $4 all game long. Tickets are available by calling or texting "TICKETS" to 607-722-7367.
Images from this story
Binghamton Devils defenseman Kyle Cumiskey
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 6, 2020
- Wolves Caught by Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Condors Throw It Back with Fog Jerseys, $2 Beers, and $1 Hot Dogs Friday - Bakersfield Condors
- Barracuda Forward Jonny Brodzinski and Lauren Brodzinski Celebrate Birth of their First Child - San Jose Barracuda
- Third Annual Great Skate Happens Saturday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Blackhawks Night and Sock Monkey Madness Highlight Weekend Slate - Rockford IceHogs
- San Diego Gulls Announce Three-Year Partnership with Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego Gulls
- Five Memorable Games at CAA Arena - Belleville Senators
- IceHogs Re-Assign Defenseman Jack Ramsey to Indy Fuel - Rockford IceHogs
- Barracuda Recall Artem Ivanyuzhenkov and Reassign Andrew Shortridge - San Jose Barracuda
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Matt Bartkowski from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Flames Recall Brandon Davidson - Stockton Heat
- Coyotes Recall Robbie Russo from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Amerks Renew Partnership with Seneca Park Zoo Society for "Defend the Ice Month" - Rochester Americans
- Andy Andreoff Recalled by Philadelphia - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Devils Ink Kyle Cumiskey to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Blue Jackets Recall Three Players from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Kirill Ustimenko Reassigned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Hayton Scores In Debut, Prosvetov Stellar But Tucson Falls To Open Gem Show Road Trip - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Spilled 4-2 by Gulls - San Jose Barracuda
- Gulls Double up San Jose, 4-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Start Fast in 4-2 Win in Front of 7,090 - Bakersfield Condors
- First Line Shines, Rocket Beat Comets 5-4 in OT - Laval Rocket
- Defense Shines in Wild's 4-0 Win against Rampage - Iowa Wild
- LA Kings Recall Cal Petersen from Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Admirals Stumble against Griffins - Milwaukee Admirals
- Kahkonen, Wild Silence Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.