Keane Returns to Chicago; Leivo Goes to Carolina
GLENVIEW, Illinois - The Chicago Wolves announced Tuesday that defenseman Joey Keane has been reassigned to the team on loan from the NHL's Carolina Hurricanes while forward Josh Leivo has been recalled from loan.
Keane, 22, was recalled from loan Friday and played 13 minutes and 38 seconds for the Hurricanes Saturday in their 4-1 victory over the Vancouver Canucks. The game marked the Homer Glen, Illinois, native's second career NHL appearance. Keane also paces all Wolves defensemen in scoring with 15 points (3G, 12A) in 29 games.
Leivo, 28, earned the American Hockey League's Player of the Month for December after piling up 14 points (4G, 10A) in six games. For the season, the Innisfil, Ontario, native owns 19 points (6G, 13A) in 20 appearances for the Wolves. Leivo boasts 210 games, 37 goals and 38 assists on his NHL resume, which includes three games and one assist for the Hurricanes this season.
The Western Conference's top team wraps up its five-game road trip with 2 p.m. games Saturday and Sunday at second-place Manitoba. The Wolves return to Allstate Arena for home games on Jan. 26, 28 and 29, which features the Chicago Mid-Winter Classic, presented by Planet Fitness, on Saturday, Jan. 29, vs. Rockford. For the best ticket deals, visit ChicagoWolves.com or email WolvesTix@ChicagoWolves.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 18, 2022
- Berggren's Four Assists Lift Griffins over Monsters, 5-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Angle Shines as a Bright Spot in Monsters 5-3 Loss to Griffins - Cleveland Monsters
- Lohin, Bowlby score as Checkers fall to Thunderbirds - Charlotte Checkers
- Gutsy, Determined 3rd Period Pushes T-Birds to Victory - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Phantoms Power Play Presented by Provident Bank - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Insider: as Easy as 1-2-3 - Chicago Wolves
- IceHogs Weekly: IceHogs Welcome Stars for $2 Bud Light Friday and 11th Annual Autism Awareness Night at the BMO - Rockford IceHogs
- Pittsburgh Returns Three to WBS - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Condors Wrap Homestand Wednesday and Saturday with Youth Jersey Giveaway - Bakersfield Condors
- Colorado Eagles Recall Goaltender Jake Kupsky - Colorado Eagles
- Kraken Recall Joey Daccord, Assign Max McCormick to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Cates Returns, Willman Recalled - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rangers Assign Jonny Brodzinski and Tim Gettinger to Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- AHL Reschedules Upcoming Belleville Sens Games vs Laval - Belleville Senators
- T-Birds Visit Checkers for Two-Game Set - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Ads to Give Away Two Pairs of Packer Tickets on Wednesday - Milwaukee Admirals
- The Dollar Loan Center and City of Henderson to Host Job Fairs January 26 and February 12 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Groulx to Gulls as Manson, Two Coaches Join COVID List - San Diego Gulls
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Charles Hudon from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Panthers Recall Owen Tippett and Aleksi Heponiemi - Charlotte Checkers
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Vol. 28, No. 14 - Syracuse Crunch
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Czuczman, Jones and Rau to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Keane Returns to Chicago; Leivo Goes to Carolina - Chicago Wolves
- Eagles Recall Three from ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Griffins Attempt to Stay Hot in January - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hardman, Slavin, Galvas and Morris Return to IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Weekly #15: It's Teddy Bear Toss Time - Hershey Bears
- Join the IceHogs for the 11th Annual Autism Awareness Night on Saturday, January 22 at the BMO - Rockford IceHogs
- Tucson Roadrunners Road Ahead: Showdowns in SoCal - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.