K-Wings Roster Changes Hours before Home Opener
KALAMAZOO- Tonight the Kalamazoo Wings will have several changes to their roster as they host the Fort Wayne Komets at 7:30 p.m. during the 11th Annual Orange Ice Game, presented Meijer and Townsquare Media. Earlier today the Vancouver Canucks reassigned defenseman Jeremie Blain to the K-Wings. Kalamazoo has also signed free-agent goaltender Peter Mannino.
Blain started the season in the AHL with the Utica Comets. A third year pro Blain spilt last season with both the K-Wings and with the Comets. The blue liner was productive with Kalamazoo posting 15 points (3 goals, 12 assists) in 24 games. Blain is a former 4th round (91 overall) selection of the Edmonton Oilers in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
Before turning pro, Blain spent four seasons in the QMJHL with the Victoriaville Tigres and the Acadie-Bathurst Titan.
A seven-year pro, Mannino split last season with the AHL's Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and the ECHL's Wheeling Nailers. With the Penguins, Mannino appeared in 18 games and posted a record of 11-4-1 with a minuscule 1.56 GAA. Mannino brings NHL experience to Kalamazoo. The netminder has played in six NHL games with the New York Islanders, Atlanta Thrashers and Winnipeg Jets. The native of Farmington Hills, Michigan won his first ever NHL start on March 15, 2009 helping the Islanders to 4-2 decision over the Chicago Blackhawks.
In college, Mannino spent four seasons at the University of Denver. During his Freshman year, Mannino guided the Pioneers to the NCAA championship and was named the MVP of the Frozen Four. In his one season with the Tri-City Storm (USHL), Mannino shined earning a record of 27-7-0, while leading the entire league with a 2.11 GAA.
In separate transactions, the K-Wings have waived emergency goaltender Michael McDonald and defenseman Derrick Pallis. Kalamazoo has also placed defenseman Zach McCullough on the reserve list.
During tonight's 11th Annual Orange Ice Game fans are encouraged to dress in costumes and participate in Halloween festivities. The winners of both the child and adult costume contests will each receive $100. Friday night's media partner Townsqaure Media will be hosting an intermission contest where the winner will receive a cash prize of $1,033 courtesy of WKFR.
Tickets for all K-Wings home games are currently on sale at the Wings Stadium Ticket Office, all Ticketmaster locations, including www.ticketmaster.com and through www.kwings.com.
Individual ticket prices for home games are $14 and $18 for adults and only $8 for kids ages 12 and under. The price for all K-Wings premium night games (all colored ice games and the New Year's Eve game) are just $1 more. Fans can save money by purchasing K-Wings single-game tickets in advance. Tickets purchased on the day of a game increase by $2 (adults only).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 24, 2014
- Battochio's Shutout Stuns Mallards at Home - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Beat Colorado 3-2 at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Fuel Pull into Victory Lane, Top Mavs 5-1 - Indy Fuel
- Royals Bag First Win with Wild Shootout in Elmira, 6-5 - Reading Royals
- Fuel Pull into Victory Lane, Top Mavs 5-1 - Indy Fuel
- Guggenberger Blanks Nailers, 5-0 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Oilers Offense Explodes in 9-6 Victory over Americans - Tulsa Oilers
- Toledo Walleye Spoil Brampton Beast's ECHL Debut - Brampton Beast
- Komets slip past K-Wings in overtime - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavericks Fall 5-1 to Indy Fuel in Season-Opener - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Blanked by Rush in Inaugural ECHL Opener - Quad City Mallards
- Battochio's Shut Out Stuns Mallards At Home - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Shine in 5-1 Win over Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Guggenberger, Gladiators Blank Wheeling, 5-0 - Wheeling Nailers
- Malcolm Blanks 'Rays in Home Opener Win - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Stingrays Fall Short against Road Warriors 3-0 - South Carolina Stingrays
- October 31st Game Time Changed - Rapid City Rush
- Nick McParland Joins Rush in a Trade - Rapid City Rush
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings vs Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condors vs. Idaho - Tonight School Kit Giveaway - Bakersfield Condors
- Register Returns to Ontario from AHL Tryout - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - October 24 - ECHL
- Opening Night Kicking off with Annual Block Party - Wichita Thunder
- K-Wings Roster Changes Hours before Home Opener - Kalamazoo Wings
- Matt MacKenzie Reassigned from Rochester - Elmira Jackals
- Gameday: Thunder Kick off Military Appreciation Weekend - Stockton Thunder
- Bunz Reassigned to OKC; Reum Added to Blueline - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Announce Team Captains - Kansas City Mavericks
- Preview: Home Opener Tonight vs. South Carolina - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Elmira Jackals vs. Reading Royals - Elmira Jackals
- Tulsa Oilers Game Day Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers at Gladiators Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Defenseman Frankie Simonelli Recalled to Providence - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bell Loaned to IceMen by Devils - Evansville IceMen
- Winterfest Adrian V US 18 Tickets on Sale - Toledo Walleye
- Preview: Gladiators Host Nailers in Home Opener - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals on the Road: at Elmira Jackals (Friday, October 24) - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays and Road Warriors Renew In-State Rivalry Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - October 24 - ECHL
- Condors Double Down on Aces, 6-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Archambault leads Aces offense with goal, assist in 6-3 loss - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kalamazoo Wings Stories
- Game Day: K-Wings Host Game 5 Saturday Night at Wings Event Center
- K-Wings Tie It Late But Fall 4-3 on Wideman's Power Play Marker
- Game Day: Wings Host Game Four Looking to Even Series
- Power Play Scores for Third Straight Game as K-Wings Fall 4-1
- Game Day: Playoff Hockey Returns to Wings Event Center