Condors vs. Idaho - Tonight School Kit Giveaway
TONIGHT'S GAME: Condors v. Idaho Steelheads (doors open at 6 p.m. / 5:45 p.m. for STH)
PROMOTIONS: School Kit Giveaway for the first 2,000 children 12 and under
TICKETS: Box Office 1-800-745-3000
PLACE: Dignity Health Home Ice at Rabobank Arena
RADIO: Fox Sports 970 AM / www.foxsports970am.com / iHeartRadio App
WATCH: Condors Countdown w/ J.F. Houle
The Bakersfield Condors welcome the Idaho Steelheads to Rabobank Arena for the first time this season. Idaho will visit Bakersfield on six occasions in 2014-15 while the Condors will travel to Boise for five games at CenturyLink Arena. The 11 meetings mark the second year in a row the teams face off 11 times. In 2002-03, the two teams met a series high 14 times when both teams were members of the West Coast Hockey League (WCHL).
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Bakersfield ended a brief two-game skid with a win over the Alaska Aces, 6-3, at home last night. RW Jonathan Lessard continued his strong start to the season with two goals while D Graeme Craig, LW Jordan Kremyr, D Colin Joe, and C Josh Currie (ENG) added goals to preserve the win for the Condors. G Ty Rimmer, who has started every game for the Condors this season, made 33 saves.
Idaho comes to Condorstown for the first of two in California, which includes a Saturday contest in Ontario against the Reign. The Steelheads split a home-and-home series last weekend, winning 3-1 in Utah before falling 3-2 on home ice last Saturday. G Olivier Roy started the season opener and won, making 30 saves on 31 shots and saw time in Saturday's defeat, stopping all seven shots he faced after replacing G Henri Kiviaho.
RW Jonathan Lessard leads the ECHL in goals scored with four and has five points (4g-1a) during his four-game scoring streak which is tied for the league lead... D Nick Pageau (0g-4a) and D Graeme Craig (2g-2a) each have four-game scoring streaks as well to start the season... the Condors have held a two-goal lead or more in all four games this season.
F Jason Bast has a goal in each of the team's first two games... Former Condors captain Levi Nelson now is with the Steelheads. He spent last season in Italy... Idaho surrendered three power-play goals in Saturday's loss and have only surrendered one even strength goal this season... F David de Kastrozza, who had six shorthanded goals last season, is the team's returning leading scorer with 38 points (15g-23a) in 68 games... The Steelheads are the ECHL affiliate of the Dallas and Texas Stars.
WHAT TO EAT
Don't eat and run just to make it to puck drop. A great pre-game meal is waiting for you at Rabobank Arena! The Tap Room and the Club Room offer up non-traditional arena fare to satisfy your cravings. Here's what's available tonight:
Tap Room: Baked potato bar, small dinner salad
Club Room (Club Seat holders only): Chili Verde, Rice and Beans, Salsa, Chipotle Sour Cream, Tortillas, Mixed Green Ensalada, Buenelos
SAVE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ WITH A CONDORS TICKET PLAN
Avoid playing extra box office fees with the purchase of a Condors ticket plan for as low as $13 / month. With a ticket plan purchase, you become a member of the season ticket holder community and get to enjoy too many great perks for one paragraph. Early entrance to games, exclusive meet the team events, early renewal incentives, and much much more! Call a friendly Condors representative at 324-PUCK (7825).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 24, 2014
- Battochio's Shutout Stuns Mallards at Home - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Beat Colorado 3-2 at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Fuel Pull into Victory Lane, Top Mavs 5-1 - Indy Fuel
- Royals Bag First Win with Wild Shootout in Elmira, 6-5 - Reading Royals
- Fuel Pull into Victory Lane, Top Mavs 5-1 - Indy Fuel
- Guggenberger Blanks Nailers, 5-0 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Oilers Offense Explodes in 9-6 Victory over Americans - Tulsa Oilers
- Toledo Walleye Spoil Brampton Beast's ECHL Debut - Brampton Beast
- Komets slip past K-Wings in overtime - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavericks Fall 5-1 to Indy Fuel in Season-Opener - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Blanked by Rush in Inaugural ECHL Opener - Quad City Mallards
- Battochio's Shut Out Stuns Mallards At Home - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Shine in 5-1 Win over Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Guggenberger, Gladiators Blank Wheeling, 5-0 - Wheeling Nailers
- Malcolm Blanks 'Rays in Home Opener Win - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Stingrays Fall Short against Road Warriors 3-0 - South Carolina Stingrays
- October 31st Game Time Changed - Rapid City Rush
- Nick McParland Joins Rush in a Trade - Rapid City Rush
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings vs Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condors vs. Idaho - Tonight School Kit Giveaway - Bakersfield Condors
- Register Returns to Ontario from AHL Tryout - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - October 24 - ECHL
- Opening Night Kicking off with Annual Block Party - Wichita Thunder
- K-Wings Roster Changes Hours before Home Opener - Kalamazoo Wings
- Matt MacKenzie Reassigned from Rochester - Elmira Jackals
- Gameday: Thunder Kick off Military Appreciation Weekend - Stockton Thunder
- Bunz Reassigned to OKC; Reum Added to Blueline - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Announce Team Captains - Kansas City Mavericks
- Preview: Home Opener Tonight vs. South Carolina - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Elmira Jackals vs. Reading Royals - Elmira Jackals
- Tulsa Oilers Game Day Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers at Gladiators Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Defenseman Frankie Simonelli Recalled to Providence - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bell Loaned to IceMen by Devils - Evansville IceMen
- Winterfest Adrian V US 18 Tickets on Sale - Toledo Walleye
- Preview: Gladiators Host Nailers in Home Opener - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals on the Road: at Elmira Jackals (Friday, October 24) - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays and Road Warriors Renew In-State Rivalry Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - October 24 - ECHL
- Condors Double Down on Aces, 6-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Archambault leads Aces offense with goal, assist in 6-3 loss - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.