Tulsa Oilers Game Day Preview
TULSA OILERS (0-0-0) AT ALLEN AMERICANS (0-0-0)
Game #1 Friday, October 24, 2014 at 7:05 p.m. Allen Event Center
Tonight's Matchup: Both clubs begin their inaugural ECHL campaign by facing off for the first of 17 scheduled meetings throughout the 2014-15 regular season. The Oilers clash with the Americans more than any other opponent with nine games slated for the Allen Event Center and eight games at the BOK Center. Tulsa will make three trips to Allen in the first two weeks of the season and the two sides will battle 12 times before the end of December. In 11 meetings against the Americans in 2013-14, the Oilers went 4-6-1 overall with a 2-2-1 mark at the Allen Event Center. All-time, Tulsa is 13-21-3 against Allen with a 6-11-2 record on Americans' ice.
Farewell to the CHL: After 22 consecutive seasons as a member of the Central Hockey League, the Oilers transition to the ECHL for the 2014-15 season. Tulsa and the six other teams from the CHL - Allen Americans, Brampton Beast, Missouri Mavericks, Quad City Mallards, Rapid City Rush, and Wichita Thunder - will play in the newly formed Central Division of the ECHL's Western Conference.
Been Here Before: Twelve players on the Oilers' roster have previous ECHL experience: Nathan Lutz, Scott Macaulay, Tom Mele, Kevin Noble, Jason Cohen, Jake Obermeyer, Adam Pleskach, Steve Mele, Dave Pszenyczny, Mike Zacharias, Wes Myron, and Brady Hjelle.
Out of the Gate: In Bruce Ramsay's tenure as head coach, the Oilers are 4-1-0 in season openers.
Where They Left Off: The Oilers recorded 34 victories in 2013-14, the second-highest win total of the Bruce Ramsay era. Tulsa qualified for the playoffs for the first time in three seasons and will attempt to earn back-to-back postseason berths for the first time since 2000-01.
Home Heavy: The Oilers will enjoy plenty of time at the BOK Center over the first three months of the season. Tulsa is on home ice for 11 of its first 17 contests and plays a season-high 10 home games during the month of December. The Oilers play 24 of their 36 home games before the halfway point of the season.
Welcome Back: The number of players returning from the 2013-14 roster. Forward Drew Fisher is back for his third full season in Oilers colors while forwards Adam Pleskach and Steve Mele along with defensemen, Nathan Lutz, Scott Macaulay, and Jake Obermeyer, are beginning their second tours in Tulsa.
Pension Plan: Bruce Ramsay enters his sixth season behind the Oilers' bench as the second-longest tenured head coach in the ECHL Central Division. Only Joe Ferras (7 seasons in Rapid City) has held down a job for one team longer than Ramsay.
Listen Live: Tune into the live broadcast of tonight's game on the Tulsa Oilers Ustream Channel!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 24, 2014
- Battochio's Shutout Stuns Mallards at Home - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Beat Colorado 3-2 at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Fuel Pull into Victory Lane, Top Mavs 5-1 - Indy Fuel
- Royals Bag First Win with Wild Shootout in Elmira, 6-5 - Reading Royals
- Fuel Pull into Victory Lane, Top Mavs 5-1 - Indy Fuel
- Guggenberger Blanks Nailers, 5-0 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Oilers Offense Explodes in 9-6 Victory over Americans - Tulsa Oilers
- Toledo Walleye Spoil Brampton Beast's ECHL Debut - Brampton Beast
- Komets slip past K-Wings in overtime - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavericks Fall 5-1 to Indy Fuel in Season-Opener - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Blanked by Rush in Inaugural ECHL Opener - Quad City Mallards
- Battochio's Shut Out Stuns Mallards At Home - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Shine in 5-1 Win over Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Guggenberger, Gladiators Blank Wheeling, 5-0 - Wheeling Nailers
- Malcolm Blanks 'Rays in Home Opener Win - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Stingrays Fall Short against Road Warriors 3-0 - South Carolina Stingrays
- October 31st Game Time Changed - Rapid City Rush
- Nick McParland Joins Rush in a Trade - Rapid City Rush
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings vs Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condors vs. Idaho - Tonight School Kit Giveaway - Bakersfield Condors
- Register Returns to Ontario from AHL Tryout - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - October 24 - ECHL
- Opening Night Kicking off with Annual Block Party - Wichita Thunder
- K-Wings Roster Changes Hours before Home Opener - Kalamazoo Wings
- Matt MacKenzie Reassigned from Rochester - Elmira Jackals
- Gameday: Thunder Kick off Military Appreciation Weekend - Stockton Thunder
- Bunz Reassigned to OKC; Reum Added to Blueline - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Announce Team Captains - Kansas City Mavericks
- Preview: Home Opener Tonight vs. South Carolina - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Elmira Jackals vs. Reading Royals - Elmira Jackals
- Tulsa Oilers Game Day Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers at Gladiators Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Defenseman Frankie Simonelli Recalled to Providence - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bell Loaned to IceMen by Devils - Evansville IceMen
- Winterfest Adrian V US 18 Tickets on Sale - Toledo Walleye
- Preview: Gladiators Host Nailers in Home Opener - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals on the Road: at Elmira Jackals (Friday, October 24) - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays and Road Warriors Renew In-State Rivalry Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - October 24 - ECHL
- Condors Double Down on Aces, 6-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Archambault leads Aces offense with goal, assist in 6-3 loss - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.