Register Returns to Ontario from AHL Tryout
ONTARIO, Calif. - The Ontario Reign, four-time Pacific Division Champions and proud affiliate of the NHL's 2014 Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings and Winnipeg Jets, have announced that reigning ECHL Defenseman of the Year Matt Register has returned from his tryout with the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League.
Register, 25, had originally agreed to terms with Ontario on Oct. 1, but had signed a Professional Tryout Agreement with Chicago and appeared in training camp for the Wolves. He is expected to be in the lineup when the Reign face the Idaho Steelheads in their Home Opener on Saturday, Oct. 25.
The Calgary, Alberta native returns to Ontario after setting numerous team records by a defenseman in 2013-14, posting 44 points (14g, 30a) and 56 penalty minutes in 67 games. In four playoff games, Register recorded two points (1g, 1a) and two penalty minutes. The blueliner capped last season by receiving All-ECHL First Team honors, along with being named the CCM Hockey ECHL Defenseman of the Year. Both distinctions were also team-firsts for the Reign.
Reign Drops :
On Opening Night, the Reign will raise its fourth Pacific Division title banner before taking on the Idaho Steelheads on Saturday, Oct. 25 at 6 p.m. The Reign will also celebrate the LA Kings winning the Stanley Cup with Affiliate Night. Ontario players will wear specialty LA Kings-inspired jerseys, sponsored by the University of La Verne, which will be auctioned off immediately after the game to benefit the University's student scholarships. The first 5,000 fans to enter will receive an LA Kings Championship Team Photo and everyone in attendance will receive a season magnet schedule, compliments of Ignite Advertising. Click here for tickets to thi s game.
The Reign are then back in action less than 24 hours later when they square off against the Bakersfield Condors on Sunday, Oct. 26 at 3 p.m. for Pink at the Rink Night. The first 5,000 fans will receive a pink mini-pennant, compliments of Arrowhead Mountain Spring Water. A few of the Reign players will also take the ice during warm-ups with special pink sticks that will be autographed and auctioned off during the game in a silent auction to benefit Susan G. KomenÂ® Inland Empire. Click here for tickets to this game.
Tickets to both of these games, as well as individual tickets for the 2014-15 regular season, are on sale now. Fans can purchase tickets for individual games at the Citizens Business Bank Arena box office or online. For Reign season tickets and other ticket plan inquiries, click here or call 909-941-PUCK (7825).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 24, 2014
- Battochio's Shutout Stuns Mallards at Home - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Beat Colorado 3-2 at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Fuel Pull into Victory Lane, Top Mavs 5-1 - Indy Fuel
- Royals Bag First Win with Wild Shootout in Elmira, 6-5 - Reading Royals
- Fuel Pull into Victory Lane, Top Mavs 5-1 - Indy Fuel
- Guggenberger Blanks Nailers, 5-0 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Oilers Offense Explodes in 9-6 Victory over Americans - Tulsa Oilers
- Toledo Walleye Spoil Brampton Beast's ECHL Debut - Brampton Beast
- Komets slip past K-Wings in overtime - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavericks Fall 5-1 to Indy Fuel in Season-Opener - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Blanked by Rush in Inaugural ECHL Opener - Quad City Mallards
- Battochio's Shut Out Stuns Mallards At Home - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Shine in 5-1 Win over Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Guggenberger, Gladiators Blank Wheeling, 5-0 - Wheeling Nailers
- Malcolm Blanks 'Rays in Home Opener Win - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Stingrays Fall Short against Road Warriors 3-0 - South Carolina Stingrays
- October 31st Game Time Changed - Rapid City Rush
- Nick McParland Joins Rush in a Trade - Rapid City Rush
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings vs Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condors vs. Idaho - Tonight School Kit Giveaway - Bakersfield Condors
- Register Returns to Ontario from AHL Tryout - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - October 24 - ECHL
- Opening Night Kicking off with Annual Block Party - Wichita Thunder
- K-Wings Roster Changes Hours before Home Opener - Kalamazoo Wings
- Matt MacKenzie Reassigned from Rochester - Elmira Jackals
- Gameday: Thunder Kick off Military Appreciation Weekend - Stockton Thunder
- Bunz Reassigned to OKC; Reum Added to Blueline - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Announce Team Captains - Kansas City Mavericks
- Preview: Home Opener Tonight vs. South Carolina - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Elmira Jackals vs. Reading Royals - Elmira Jackals
- Tulsa Oilers Game Day Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers at Gladiators Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Defenseman Frankie Simonelli Recalled to Providence - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bell Loaned to IceMen by Devils - Evansville IceMen
- Winterfest Adrian V US 18 Tickets on Sale - Toledo Walleye
- Preview: Gladiators Host Nailers in Home Opener - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals on the Road: at Elmira Jackals (Friday, October 24) - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays and Road Warriors Renew In-State Rivalry Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - October 24 - ECHL
- Condors Double Down on Aces, 6-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Archambault leads Aces offense with goal, assist in 6-3 loss - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.