Solar Bears Shine in 5-1 Win over Everblades
ESTERO, FL - Mickey Lang and Tyler Biggs each scored twice to lift the Orlando Solar Bears to a 5-1 victory over the Florida Everblades Friday night at Germain Arena.
It took just 1:51 for the Solar Bears to grab the early edge. Tyler Biggs raced into the zone at the right wing circle and wristed a shot past the glove of Everblades goaltender Allen York for the game's first tally.
After a Florida turnover in the neutral zone, Mike Ulrich picked up the puck and charged in on goal for a scoring chance. Ulrich slid the puck underneath the right leg pad of York to give Orlando the 2-0 edge.
Just 1:11 into the second period, Jacob Cepis carried the puck to the left side of the crease and slid the puck across to Mickey Lang. Lang buried the puck into the net behind York to extend the Bears lead to three.
Orlando continued its assault in the third period, as both Lang and Biggs tacked on their second goals of the games to put the Solar Bears up by 5-0 count.
The Everblades were limited to just 19 shots on net in the game, but did mange to break up the shutout bid by Orlando goaltender Kent Patterson at 17:01 of the final Stanza on Alex Lavoie's second goal of the season.
The late goal was not enough on this Friday night, as the Solar Bears went on to secure the 5-1 victory and improve to 3-0 on the season.
Patterson earns the win stopping 18 of 19 shots, while York takes the loss allowing five goals on 23 shots faced.
The two teams will meet again on Saturday at the Amway Center in Orlando. Game time is set for 7:00 p.m.
Broadcast Information: Fans can listen to the game online at TheIslandFM,net or watch the game online at ECHL.TV
Upcoming Home Games & Promotions
Saturday, November 1, 7:00 p.m. vs. Orlando Solar Bears -- Military & Veteran's Night presented by The National Coalition for Patriots. The Everblades will wear special military themed jerseys in which fans will have the opportunity to purchase in a postgame auction. The proceeds of the auction will benefit the National Coalition for Patriots. Veterans and military personnel will be honored throughout the night.
Game Tickets: Everblades tickets may be purchased at the Century Link Box Office located at Germain Arena, or at any Ticketmaster outlet, or online at www.ticketmaster.com
Discounted Group Tickets: Bring your group of 10 or more to a game at a discounted price, and also receive an Everblades souvenir! Group tickets are available for all home games. For more information on group tickets, call 239-948-7825.
2014-15 Ticket Packages are currently on sale! Full season and 12-game, and 24-game options are also available! All packages save you money from the box office price, and come with many great benefits. For more information call 239-948-7825, or stop by the Everblades Main Office located at Germain Arena, Monday-Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 24, 2014
- Battochio's Shutout Stuns Mallards at Home - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Beat Colorado 3-2 at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Fuel Pull into Victory Lane, Top Mavs 5-1 - Indy Fuel
- Royals Bag First Win with Wild Shootout in Elmira, 6-5 - Reading Royals
- Fuel Pull into Victory Lane, Top Mavs 5-1 - Indy Fuel
- Guggenberger Blanks Nailers, 5-0 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Oilers Offense Explodes in 9-6 Victory over Americans - Tulsa Oilers
- Toledo Walleye Spoil Brampton Beast's ECHL Debut - Brampton Beast
- Komets slip past K-Wings in overtime - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavericks Fall 5-1 to Indy Fuel in Season-Opener - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Blanked by Rush in Inaugural ECHL Opener - Quad City Mallards
- Battochio's Shut Out Stuns Mallards At Home - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Shine in 5-1 Win over Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Guggenberger, Gladiators Blank Wheeling, 5-0 - Wheeling Nailers
- Malcolm Blanks 'Rays in Home Opener Win - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Stingrays Fall Short against Road Warriors 3-0 - South Carolina Stingrays
- October 31st Game Time Changed - Rapid City Rush
- Nick McParland Joins Rush in a Trade - Rapid City Rush
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings vs Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condors vs. Idaho - Tonight School Kit Giveaway - Bakersfield Condors
- Register Returns to Ontario from AHL Tryout - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - October 24 - ECHL
- Opening Night Kicking off with Annual Block Party - Wichita Thunder
- K-Wings Roster Changes Hours before Home Opener - Kalamazoo Wings
- Matt MacKenzie Reassigned from Rochester - Elmira Jackals
- Gameday: Thunder Kick off Military Appreciation Weekend - Stockton Thunder
- Bunz Reassigned to OKC; Reum Added to Blueline - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Announce Team Captains - Kansas City Mavericks
- Preview: Home Opener Tonight vs. South Carolina - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Elmira Jackals vs. Reading Royals - Elmira Jackals
- Tulsa Oilers Game Day Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers at Gladiators Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Defenseman Frankie Simonelli Recalled to Providence - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bell Loaned to IceMen by Devils - Evansville IceMen
- Winterfest Adrian V US 18 Tickets on Sale - Toledo Walleye
- Preview: Gladiators Host Nailers in Home Opener - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals on the Road: at Elmira Jackals (Friday, October 24) - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays and Road Warriors Renew In-State Rivalry Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - October 24 - ECHL
- Condors Double Down on Aces, 6-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Archambault leads Aces offense with goal, assist in 6-3 loss - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Four Score: 'Blades Shut out Swamp Rabbits to Win Fourth Straight
- Preview: 'Blades Return to Home Ice, Host Swamp Rabbits
- Atwal, Maclise Return to 'Blades from AHL
- 'Blades Defenseman Logan Roe Wins MVP of ECHL All-Star Classic
- 'Blades Weekly: Return Home Brings Pair of South Division Foes