Jared Oliva Named Indians September Player of the Month
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Indians today announced outfielder Jared Oliva as their September Player of the Month as he currently ranks fifth among all International League qualifiers with a .375 average (24-for-64) through 18 games.
Oliva, 26, is also tied for fifth with seven doubles and tied for ninth in base hits among league leaders for the month. He has hit safely in 14 of his 18 games, seven of which were multi-hit contests. Half of his six three-hit games for the season have come since Sept. 7 (1). His month was highlighted by an inside-the- park home run on Sept. 15 vs. Toledo, the first of his career and first by an Indians batter at Victory Field since Alen Hanson on July 1, 2015.
In September, Oliva paces the team in average, on-base percentage (.429), total hits, doubles and extra- base hits (9, tied with teammate Blake Sabol). The campaign continues a hot streak that dates back to Aug. 3 (2), and in that time frame he owns a .388 average (40-for-103) with 19 runs scored, 15 extra-base hits, 20 RBI and nine stolen bases in 30 games.
The Santa Clarita, Calif. native was originally selected by Pittsburgh in the seventh round (208th overall) of the 2017 First-Year Player Draft out of the University of Arizona.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 23, 2022
- McGuire, Bats Can't Complete Rally, Fall 6-3 to Nashville in Extras on Friday Night - Louisville Bats
- Eovaldi Makes Rehab Appearance in 5-4 WooSox Loss - Worcester Red Sox
- Sounds Clinch Division Title in Louisville - Nashville Sounds
- Mets' Bullpen Shines in 5-4 Syracuse Win Over Worcester on Friday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Big Innings Boost Omaha Over Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Hall Inches Closer to History, IronPigs lose - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Omaha Defeats Iowa Behind Complete Team Effort - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rodriguez Records Two Hits in Friday Night Loss - Indianapolis Indians
- Hens Remain in the Hunt with Win vs Columbus - Toledo Mud Hens
- Casteel's Slam Supports Shuster's First Win as Stripers Clip Memphis - Gwinnett Stripers
- Jacksonville Surrenders Late Lead in Loss to Charlotte - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- RailRiders Take Game Over IronPigs, 4-1 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Gomez Hits 38th Home Run, Sets New Cardinal Minor League Record - Memphis Redbirds
- Tides Top Bulls 6-3 - Durham Bulls
- Knights Beat the Jumbo Shrimp 7-5 on Friday Night - Charlotte Knights
- Rodríguez Solid, Saints Hit Three Solo Homers, End Eight Game Road Losing Streak 4-1 Over Indianapolis - St. Paul Saints
- Wings Win Friday Night Showdown 5-2 - Rochester Red Wings
- Cowser Homers In Win To Tie Series Up In Durham - Norfolk Tides
- Bisons Outhit Rochester But Lose 5-2 on Friday Night - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Announce 2022 Player Awards as OF Nathan Lukes Is Named Herd MVP - Buffalo Bisons
- Lukes Named 2022 Herd MVP as Team Announced End of Season Awards. - Buffalo Bisons
- Marlins Name Leblanc Jacksonville Team MVP - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Game Information: St. Paul Saints (69-75) vs. Indianapolis Indians (74-70) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bae to the Bigs: Pirates Select Contract of No. 11 Prospect Ji-Hwan Bae - Indianapolis Indians
- September 23 Game Notes: Iowa Cubs at Omaha Storm Chasers - Iowa Cubs
- Jake Burger activated off the Injured List - Charlotte Knights
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - September 23 at Buffalo - Rochester Red Wings
- Jared Oliva Named Indians September Player of the Month - Indianapolis Indians
- End of the Road, Saints Reach Final Homestand from September 26-28 - St. Paul Saints
- Rochester Red Wings Homestand Highlights: September 26-28 - Rochester Red Wings
- Rooker Hits Walk-Off Single in the 13th Inning to Earn 5-4 Win - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Storm Chasers Outlast I-Cubs in Extras - Iowa Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indianapolis Indians Stories
- Rodriguez and Owen Crank Solo Shots as Indians Drop Season Finale
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (74-74) at Columbus Clippers (84-64)
- Indians Muster Just Two Hits in Loss in Columbus, 7-1
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (74-73) at Columbus Clippers (83-64)
- Columbus Clips Indians to Open Series