Grizzlies Take Overtime Point to Start Trip
Manchester, New Hampshire - The Manchester Monarchs defeated the Utah Grizzlies 5-4 in overtime Friday night at SNHU Arena.
The Grizzlies take a standings point to go to 8-1-1-2 in their last 12 games.
"We have to dig deeper, ties aren't good enough right now," said Head Coach/General Manager Tim Branham.
Utah trailed 1-0 (4:02) and led 2-1 (7:57), 3-2 (7:45) and 4-3 (1:29) in the game where no lead would last.
Ryan Misiak's 14th goal of the year tied the contest 4:02 after Manchester took a 1-0 lead 4:26 into the contest as Brendan Harms and Leibinger picked up assists as the Utah forward fired in transition from the left circle.
Travis Howe (two assists) fed Mitch Maxwell (2) for Utah's first lead with 3:55 left in the first period as Sam Babintsev (two assists) picked up an assist as well on a puck held in at the blue line by Rob Mann.
Manchester tied the game twice in the second period on power-play goals as Brendan Harms (9) added a Utah power-play goal 8:18 into the second period as he tipped home a Taylor Richart blast to give Utah a 3-2 lead.
Jake Marchment (14) gave Utah a 4-3 lead 6:37 into the third period as he took a feed from Howe on a two-on-one as Babintsev collected another assist as well.
Manchester tied 1:29 later as the Grizzlies contested that the puck was hit in by a high-stick.
The Monarchs knocked in a loose puck 1:45 into overtime.
Joel Rumpel (7-1-1-2 with Utah, 18-10-1-2 overall) stopped 30 of 35 shots in the contest.
The Grizzlies and Monarchs play Saturday at 4 p.m., before Utah moves on to Worcester, Massachusetts for a 1 p.m. start on Sunday.
Metro PCS Pack The House
Friday, March 23 at 7 p.m. is our final Metro PCS Pack The House Friday. Fans can get vouchers to purchase $8 tickets for the game at any Wasatch Front area Metro PCS location. The Grizzlies drew 7,028 fans to Friday's first Metro PCS Pack The House Friday. The offer is for any available seat in the arena, excluding Rinkside tickets.
Ford Food Drive
Fans are asked to bring a can of food to the game on Friday, March 23 for our Ford Food Drive. Fans who donate will receive a free ticket voucher to redeem to attend our game on Friday, April 6.
Military Appreciation Night
Saturday, March 24 is Military Appreciation Night Presented by Mark Miller Subaru. The Grizzlies will be wearing specialty uniforms that will be auctioned off live after the game with all proceeds benefitting multiple military charities.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 17, 2018
- Eagles Defeat Allen 5-4, over $60K Raised for Local Family in Need - Colorado Eagles
- Rush End Skid in OT - Rapid City Rush
- Everblades Unbeaten Streak Ends in Loss to Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Earn Point in 4-3 Overtime Decision against Toledo - Indy Fuel
- Wings Earn Critical Divisional Win in Front of Standing Room Only Crowd - Kalamazoo Wings
- Admirals Complete Season Sweep of Swamp Rabbits, Run Home Win Streak to Seven - Norfolk Admirals
- Stolarz Leads Royals to Victory over Brampton - Brampton Beast
- Gladiators Drop Point in Overtime Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- Swamp Rabbits Fall Short in Norfolk - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Fall Following Third Period Push - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Railers Find Pot of Gold in 3-2 Home Win over Fort Wayne - Worcester Railers HC
- Tifu's Number Retired and Royals Slam Brampton in Series Finale, 5-1 - Reading Royals
- IceMen Complete Rally against Gladiators - Jacksonville IceMen
- Grizzlies Collect Another Point; Unbeaten in 12/13 - Utah Grizzlies
- Saturday's Game against Tulsa Rescheduled - Kansas City Mavericks
- Monarchs Battle Past Grizzlies, 3-2, in Overtime - Manchester Monarchs
- Adirondack Wheels Past Nailers in Second Straight Overtime Win - Adirondack Thunder
- Wheeling Penalty Kill Helps to Earn a Point against Thunder - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Americans Add Forward Tyler Poulsen - Allen Americans
- Swavely Recalled by Lehigh Valley Ahead of Reading's 7:00 p.m. Home Game - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - March 17 - ECHL
- Americans Hit the Final Destination on Two-Week Road Trip - Allen Americans
- Alex Wideman Recalled to Rockford - Indy Fuel
- Greenville Seeking Luck of the Irish in Norfolk - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Day: Admirals Look to Channel Inner Irish on St. Hatrick's Day - Norfolk Admirals
- Gameday - Adirondack (35-21-3-4) vs. Wheeling (31-25-6-1) - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers at Thunder Game Day Snap Shot, March 17 - Wheeling Nailers
- Worcester Railers HC Signs University Nebraska Omaha Forward Jake Randolph - Worcester Railers HC
- Parsons Reassigned to Kansas City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gameday Report: Mavericks vs. Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
- IceMen's Playoff Push Continues against Atlanta - Jacksonville IceMen
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, March 17 - Manchester Monarchs
- Stolarz Starts for Royals Again Tonight on Tifu Retirement Night - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Take Overtime Point to Start Trip - Utah Grizzlies
- 'Blades Put out Solar Bears Flame in 3-1 Victory - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.