Grizzlies Collect Another Point; Unbeaten in 12/13
Manchester, New Hampshire - The Manchester Monarchs defeated the Utah Grizzlies 3-2 in overtime Saturday night at SNHU Arena.
Utah is now unbeaten in regulation in 12 of their last 13 games at 8-1-2-2 as they settled for standings points each of the last two nights against the North Division leading Monarchs.
"We played hard for 60-plus minutes," said Head Coach/General Manager Tim Branham. "Really proud of our effort, that was good hockey."
The Grizzlies took a 1-0 lead 5:04 into the first period as Chris Leibinger fed Kyle Thomas ahead for his 11th goal of the season as he fired in transition from the right circle. Brad Navin also added an assist.
Manchester tied the game shorthanded 7:49 into the second period and took the lead 5:37 later at 13:26 of the period to go up 2-1.
Taylor Richart (17) blasted in a slapshot to tie the contest with 13 seconds left on a power-play and with 1:13 left in the second period as Ryan Misiak and Ryan Walters drew assists.
Utah outshot Manchester 8-4 in the third period as they killed an early penalty.
Joel Rumpel (7-3-2-2, with Utah and 18-10-2-2 overall) stopped 18 of 21 shots in the contest as the Grizzlies outshot Manchester 30-21.
The Grizzlies complete their trip Sunday in Worcester at 1 p.m.
The Grizzlies return home for our next All New Wild Wednesday with Lower Bowl Tickets starting at $10 and free refills on 44 ounce soft drinks and one free refill on popcorn.
Metro PCS Pack The House
Friday, March 23 at 7 p.m. is our final Metro PCS Pack The House Friday. Fans can get vouchers to purchase $8 tickets for the game at any Wasatch Front area Metro PCS location. The Grizzlies drew 7,028 fans to Friday's first Metro PCS Pack The House Friday. The offer is for any available seat in the arena, excluding Rinkside tickets.
Ford Food Drive
Fans are asked to bring a can of food to the game on Friday, March 23 for our Ford Food Drive. Fans who donate will receive a free ticket voucher to redeem to attend our game on Friday, April 6.
Military Appreciation Night
Saturday, March 24 is Military Appreciation Night Presented by Mark Miller Subaru. The Grizzlies will be wearing specialty uniforms that will be auctioned off live after the game with all proceeds benefitting multiple military charities.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 17, 2018
- Eagles Defeat Allen 5-4, over $60K Raised for Local Family in Need - Colorado Eagles
- Rush End Skid in OT - Rapid City Rush
- Everblades Unbeaten Streak Ends in Loss to Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Earn Point in 4-3 Overtime Decision against Toledo - Indy Fuel
- Wings Earn Critical Divisional Win in Front of Standing Room Only Crowd - Kalamazoo Wings
- Admirals Complete Season Sweep of Swamp Rabbits, Run Home Win Streak to Seven - Norfolk Admirals
- Stolarz Leads Royals to Victory over Brampton - Brampton Beast
- Gladiators Drop Point in Overtime Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- Swamp Rabbits Fall Short in Norfolk - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Fall Following Third Period Push - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Railers Find Pot of Gold in 3-2 Home Win over Fort Wayne - Worcester Railers HC
- Tifu's Number Retired and Royals Slam Brampton in Series Finale, 5-1 - Reading Royals
- IceMen Complete Rally against Gladiators - Jacksonville Icemen
- Grizzlies Collect Another Point; Unbeaten in 12/13 - Utah Grizzlies
- Saturday's Game against Tulsa Rescheduled - Kansas City Mavericks
- Monarchs Battle Past Grizzlies, 3-2, in Overtime - Manchester Monarchs
- Adirondack Wheels Past Nailers in Second Straight Overtime Win - Adirondack Thunder
- Wheeling Penalty Kill Helps to Earn a Point against Thunder - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Americans Add Forward Tyler Poulsen - Allen Americans
- Swavely Recalled by Lehigh Valley Ahead of Reading's 7:00 p.m. Home Game - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - March 17 - ECHL
- Americans Hit the Final Destination on Two-Week Road Trip - Allen Americans
- Alex Wideman Recalled to Rockford - Indy Fuel
- Greenville Seeking Luck of the Irish in Norfolk - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Day: Admirals Look to Channel Inner Irish on St. Hatrick's Day - Norfolk Admirals
- Gameday - Adirondack (35-21-3-4) vs. Wheeling (31-25-6-1) - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers at Thunder Game Day Snap Shot, March 17 - Wheeling Nailers
- Worcester Railers HC Signs University Nebraska Omaha Forward Jake Randolph - Worcester Railers HC
- Parsons Reassigned to Kansas City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gameday Report: Mavericks vs. Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
- IceMen's Playoff Push Continues against Atlanta - Jacksonville Icemen
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, March 17 - Manchester Monarchs
- Stolarz Starts for Royals Again Tonight on Tifu Retirement Night - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Take Overtime Point to Start Trip - Utah Grizzlies
- 'Blades Put out Solar Bears Flame in 3-1 Victory - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.