Worcester Railers HC Signs University Nebraska Omaha Forward Jake Randolph
WORCESTER, MA - The Worcester Railers Hockey Club (@RailersHC), proud ECHL (@ECHL) affiliate of the New York Islanders (@NYIslanders), and Railers HC General Manager and Head Coach Jamie Russell (@JamieRussell18) officially announced today that the club has signed forward Jake Randolph (@J1R6) to an ECHL contract.
Jake Randolph joins the Worcester Railers HC after spending four seasons with the University of Nebraka Omaha Mavericks, where he skated in 34 games his senior year and tallied seven goals, 19 assists for a total of 26 points.
The 24-year-old native of Duluth, Minnesota totaled 140 games for the Mavericks, accumulating 27 goals, 70 assists, for 97 points, and recorded six power play goals and six game winning goals in his four seasons. Randloph was named to the NCHC Academic All-Conference all four years.
Before joining the Mavericks, the five-foot-nine, 191lb forward played two seasons with the
Omaha Lancers of the USHL. He was named USHL Forward of the Year and a member of the All-USHL First Team in the 2013-14 season after leading the Omaha Lancers and the USHL in scoring, putting up 26 goals and 60 assists in 60 games.
Randolph is expected to make his professional debut with the Railers and will wear number 13.
What's on tap?
On Saturday, March 17 the Railers host the Fort Wayne Komets at 7:05pm on a BIG GAME SATURDAY with a St. Patrick's Day celebration! The Railers will be wearing a special St. Patrick's Day themed jersey to benefit the Be Like Brit Foundation presented by Country Bank. The game worn jerseys will be auctioned off during the game with a select few auctioned off during a live post game auction. Wear your green to the game and help support the Be Like Brit Foundation!
On Sunday, March 18 the Railers host the Utah Grizzlies at 3:05pm on a Kids Giveaway Sunday. The first 1,000 kids 12-and-under will receive Worcester Railers thunder sticks. Score a Family Fun Pack at every Sunday game which includes four tickets, four hot dogs, and four sodas for just $80.
The Railers Tavern, located behind the DCU Center provides hockey fans with a great pregame and postgame atmosphere all season long. Watch all road games broadcast live at Railers Tavern or watch on ECHLTV.com for a small fee. Listen to all Railers games live on 98.9 Nash ICON with coverage beginning 30 minutes before puck drop with Eric Lindquist and Tom Matthews. Full season memberships, mini plans, and group tickets are on sale now by calling the Railers front office at 508-365-1750 or by visiting www.RailersHC.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 17, 2018
- Eagles Defeat Allen 5-4, over $60K Raised for Local Family in Need - Colorado Eagles
- Rush End Skid in OT - Rapid City Rush
- Everblades Unbeaten Streak Ends in Loss to Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Earn Point in 4-3 Overtime Decision against Toledo - Indy Fuel
- Wings Earn Critical Divisional Win in Front of Standing Room Only Crowd - Kalamazoo Wings
- Admirals Complete Season Sweep of Swamp Rabbits, Run Home Win Streak to Seven - Norfolk Admirals
- Stolarz Leads Royals to Victory over Brampton - Brampton Beast
- Gladiators Drop Point in Overtime Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- Swamp Rabbits Fall Short in Norfolk - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Fall Following Third Period Push - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Railers Find Pot of Gold in 3-2 Home Win over Fort Wayne - Worcester Railers HC
- Tifu's Number Retired and Royals Slam Brampton in Series Finale, 5-1 - Reading Royals
- IceMen Complete Rally against Gladiators - Jacksonville IceMen
- Grizzlies Collect Another Point; Unbeaten in 12/13 - Utah Grizzlies
- Saturday's Game against Tulsa Rescheduled - Kansas City Mavericks
- Monarchs Battle Past Grizzlies, 3-2, in Overtime - Manchester Monarchs
- Adirondack Wheels Past Nailers in Second Straight Overtime Win - Adirondack Thunder
- Wheeling Penalty Kill Helps to Earn a Point against Thunder - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Americans Add Forward Tyler Poulsen - Allen Americans
- Swavely Recalled by Lehigh Valley Ahead of Reading's 7:00 p.m. Home Game - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - March 17 - ECHL
- Americans Hit the Final Destination on Two-Week Road Trip - Allen Americans
- Alex Wideman Recalled to Rockford - Indy Fuel
- Greenville Seeking Luck of the Irish in Norfolk - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Day: Admirals Look to Channel Inner Irish on St. Hatrick's Day - Norfolk Admirals
- Gameday - Adirondack (35-21-3-4) vs. Wheeling (31-25-6-1) - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers at Thunder Game Day Snap Shot, March 17 - Wheeling Nailers
- Worcester Railers HC Signs University Nebraska Omaha Forward Jake Randolph - Worcester Railers HC
- Parsons Reassigned to Kansas City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gameday Report: Mavericks vs. Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
- IceMen's Playoff Push Continues against Atlanta - Jacksonville IceMen
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, March 17 - Manchester Monarchs
- Stolarz Starts for Royals Again Tonight on Tifu Retirement Night - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Take Overtime Point to Start Trip - Utah Grizzlies
- 'Blades Put out Solar Bears Flame in 3-1 Victory - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Worcester Railers HC Stories
- Worcester Railers HC Season Cancelled
- Worcester Railers HC Regular Season Has Been Suspended Due to COVID-19
- Worcester Railers HC Sign James Anderson and Michael Gillespie to ECHL Contracts
- Railers Find Lightning with 5-4 Victory over the Thunder
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Forward Brent Beaudoin from Brown University