Gameday - Adirondack (35-21-3-4) vs. Wheeling (31-25-6-1)
WHO: Adirondack Thunder (35-21-3-4) vs. Wheeling Nailers (31-25-6-1)
WHAT: ECHL REGULAR SEASON GAME #843
WHEN: Saturday, March 17, 2018 @ 3:00 PM
WHERE: Cool Insuring Arena - Glens Falls, NY
TONIGHT'S MATCHUP: The Thunder continue their three-in-three set on the weekend as they return to divisional play with an afternoon matinee against the Wheeling Nailers. Adirondack was victorious in overtime last evening as it came back to earn a 3-2 victory over the Fort Wayne Komets at Cool Insuring Arena.
WORKING OVERTIME: The Thunder earned another overtime win on home ice last night as forward Shane Conacher scored with 53 seconds left in the extra session. At home this season, Adirondack improved to 5-1 in games that end in overtime and 8-3 in all games that extend past 60 minutes. Overall, Adirondack has now earned nine wins this season between overtime and shootouts, breaking its previous season record of six.
SUGAR SHANE: Adirondack forward Shane Conacher scored the first overtime goal of his ECHL career as he netted his 15th tally of the season 4:07 into the 3-on-3 slate. Conacher also earned an assist on the evening and has now amassed 54 points (15-39-54) from 46 games played on the season. Conacher's assist ties him with Peter MacArthur's 2016-17 season total for the highest in a single season in franchise history
WARD OF THE WORLDS: Thunder forward Brian Ward collected a goal and an assist in last night's victory as he earned his 13th multi-point game of the season. Ward's goal was his 26th of the season as he moved to within a single tally of his 2016-17 regular season total. The second-year center leads the Thunder in goals both on the season and all-time, with his 53 goals five clear of the next closest Thunder player.
TROYAL FLUSH: Adirondack forward Troy Bourke tied an ECHL career high with three assists in last evening's win. Bourke's trio of assists marked the fourth time this season he's collected three or more points and his sixth multi-point game overall. The Alberta native has amassed 22 points (9-13-22) from 14 games played and his 1.53 point-per-game pace ranks second in the ECHL among players with multiple games played.
CHIP SKYLARKIN: Thunder defenseman Adam Larkin collected the first points of his professional career as he netted both a goal and an assist in yesterday's victory. Larkin's goal opened the scoring in the first period and he added an assist on Brian Ward's third-period tally. The 6-0 blueliner joined the Thunder from Yale University last week on an amateur tryout and signed a standard player contract with the team yesterday.
DIVISIONAL DOMINANCE: The Thunder will play each of their final nine games this season within the North Division, which continues to be the tightest in the ECHL. Adirondack sits two points behind division-leading Manchester, with the two teams scheduled for three head-to-head meetings during the remainder of the season, including two games in New Hampshire next weekend.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 17, 2018
- Eagles Defeat Allen 5-4, over $60K Raised for Local Family in Need - Colorado Eagles
- Rush End Skid in OT - Rapid City Rush
- Everblades Unbeaten Streak Ends in Loss to Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Earn Point in 4-3 Overtime Decision against Toledo - Indy Fuel
- Wings Earn Critical Divisional Win in Front of Standing Room Only Crowd - Kalamazoo Wings
- Admirals Complete Season Sweep of Swamp Rabbits, Run Home Win Streak to Seven - Norfolk Admirals
- Stolarz Leads Royals to Victory over Brampton - Brampton Beast
- Gladiators Drop Point in Overtime Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- Swamp Rabbits Fall Short in Norfolk - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Fall Following Third Period Push - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Railers Find Pot of Gold in 3-2 Home Win over Fort Wayne - Worcester Railers HC
- Tifu's Number Retired and Royals Slam Brampton in Series Finale, 5-1 - Reading Royals
- IceMen Complete Rally against Gladiators - Jacksonville IceMen
- Grizzlies Collect Another Point; Unbeaten in 12/13 - Utah Grizzlies
- Saturday's Game against Tulsa Rescheduled - Kansas City Mavericks
- Monarchs Battle Past Grizzlies, 3-2, in Overtime - Manchester Monarchs
- Adirondack Wheels Past Nailers in Second Straight Overtime Win - Adirondack Thunder
- Wheeling Penalty Kill Helps to Earn a Point against Thunder - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Americans Add Forward Tyler Poulsen - Allen Americans
- Swavely Recalled by Lehigh Valley Ahead of Reading's 7:00 p.m. Home Game - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - March 17 - ECHL
- Americans Hit the Final Destination on Two-Week Road Trip - Allen Americans
- Alex Wideman Recalled to Rockford - Indy Fuel
- Greenville Seeking Luck of the Irish in Norfolk - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Day: Admirals Look to Channel Inner Irish on St. Hatrick's Day - Norfolk Admirals
- Gameday - Adirondack (35-21-3-4) vs. Wheeling (31-25-6-1) - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers at Thunder Game Day Snap Shot, March 17 - Wheeling Nailers
- Worcester Railers HC Signs University Nebraska Omaha Forward Jake Randolph - Worcester Railers HC
- Parsons Reassigned to Kansas City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gameday Report: Mavericks vs. Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
- IceMen's Playoff Push Continues against Atlanta - Jacksonville IceMen
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, March 17 - Manchester Monarchs
- Stolarz Starts for Royals Again Tonight on Tifu Retirement Night - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Take Overtime Point to Start Trip - Utah Grizzlies
- 'Blades Put out Solar Bears Flame in 3-1 Victory - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.