Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Florida Everblades
PLAYOFF PICTURE: Orlando sits in third place in the South Division, with a six-point cushion on fourth-place Atlanta (at home vs. Jacksonville) with the same number of games played. The magic number for the Solar Bears to earn a spot in the 2018 Kelly Cup Playoffs currently sits at seven points, and could drop with any points earned by Orlando tonight.
NOVAK PROVIDING OFFENSE: Max Novak's power-play goal in the third period gave Orlando's forward his third goal of the season series against Florida, and his ninth point overall against the Everblades. Novak and J.J. Piccinich are tied for second in team scoring against Florida; injured forward Joshua Winquist leads Orlando with 11 points (5g-6a) in nine games.
HEETER GETS ONE FINAL CRACK AT FLORIDA: After a stellar 39-save effort in Thursday's 2-1 OT loss to the Everblades, Cal Heeter will get the final start against Florida this season. The goalie's save percentage has improved with each passing month, and March is no exception - in four appearances this month, Heeter has posted a save percentage of .930.
KERBASHIAN LOOKING FOR FIRST AGAINST FLORIDA: Veteran forward Kale Kerbashian has been one of Orlando's most productive skaters in the month of March, leading the team with four goals through six games. Kerbashian is also averaging 4.17 shots per game.
Max Novak - 1 assist from 50 career pro assists
Eric Baier - 1 assist to tie Eric Faille and Denver Manderson for franchise record for assists (79)
Joe Perry - 3 goals from 50 with Solar Bears
AFFILIATE NOTES: The Toronto Marlies (44-16-1-1) earned a fifth consecutive win on Friday at Belleville with a 3-1 victory over the Senators; the Marlies will look to push their streak to six games tomorrow at home against the Utica Comets. The Toronto Maple Leafs (42-22-6-1) picked up a 5-2 win in Buffalo on Thursday, and square off against the Montreal tonight.
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears return home to face the South Carolina Stingrays on Wednesday, March 21 at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center at 7 p.m. Single-game tickets for the 2017-18 season are now on sale at the Amway Center box office and ticketmaster.com.
WHO: Orlando Solar Bears at Florida Everblades
VENUE: Germain Arena, Estero, Fla.
DATE: Saturday, March 17, 7 p.m.
LISTEN: ESPN Orlando (580 AM)
TONIGHT: The Solar Bears (30-27-6-1) close out the 14-game Wawa Sunshine Cup Series against the Florida Everblades (43-12-2-4).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 17, 2018
- Eagles Defeat Allen 5-4, over $60K Raised for Local Family in Need - Colorado Eagles
- Rush End Skid in OT - Rapid City Rush
- Everblades Unbeaten Streak Ends in Loss to Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Earn Point in 4-3 Overtime Decision against Toledo - Indy Fuel
- Wings Earn Critical Divisional Win in Front of Standing Room Only Crowd - Kalamazoo Wings
- Admirals Complete Season Sweep of Swamp Rabbits, Run Home Win Streak to Seven - Norfolk Admirals
- Stolarz Leads Royals to Victory over Brampton - Brampton Beast
- Gladiators Drop Point in Overtime Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- Swamp Rabbits Fall Short in Norfolk - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Fall Following Third Period Push - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Railers Find Pot of Gold in 3-2 Home Win over Fort Wayne - Worcester Railers HC
- Tifu's Number Retired and Royals Slam Brampton in Series Finale, 5-1 - Reading Royals
- IceMen Complete Rally against Gladiators - Jacksonville Icemen
- Grizzlies Collect Another Point; Unbeaten in 12/13 - Utah Grizzlies
- Saturday's Game against Tulsa Rescheduled - Kansas City Mavericks
- Monarchs Battle Past Grizzlies, 3-2, in Overtime - Manchester Monarchs
- Adirondack Wheels Past Nailers in Second Straight Overtime Win - Adirondack Thunder
- Wheeling Penalty Kill Helps to Earn a Point against Thunder - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Americans Add Forward Tyler Poulsen - Allen Americans
- Swavely Recalled by Lehigh Valley Ahead of Reading's 7:00 p.m. Home Game - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - March 17 - ECHL
- Americans Hit the Final Destination on Two-Week Road Trip - Allen Americans
- Alex Wideman Recalled to Rockford - Indy Fuel
- Greenville Seeking Luck of the Irish in Norfolk - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Day: Admirals Look to Channel Inner Irish on St. Hatrick's Day - Norfolk Admirals
- Gameday - Adirondack (35-21-3-4) vs. Wheeling (31-25-6-1) - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers at Thunder Game Day Snap Shot, March 17 - Wheeling Nailers
- Worcester Railers HC Signs University Nebraska Omaha Forward Jake Randolph - Worcester Railers HC
- Parsons Reassigned to Kansas City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gameday Report: Mavericks vs. Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
- IceMen's Playoff Push Continues against Atlanta - Jacksonville Icemen
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, March 17 - Manchester Monarchs
- Stolarz Starts for Royals Again Tonight on Tifu Retirement Night - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Take Overtime Point to Start Trip - Utah Grizzlies
- 'Blades Put out Solar Bears Flame in 3-1 Victory - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.