Gladiators add college defenseman
Duluth, GA - The Atlanta Gladiators, who continue to improve their defense, have added college defenseman Charles Barber. Barber just finished his senior year at Buffalo State, after spending the three previous seasons at the State University of New York-Plattsburgh.
Charles Barber is a 24-year-old left-handed defenseman who is 6'2" and 205 pounds. Charles began his college career by playing the first three seasons at the State University of New York-Plattsburgh. In three years with the Cardinals, he put up 21 points, scoring four goals and 17 assists in 66 games. Barber then transferred to Buffalo State College this season. In 26 games, he had 13 points on six goals and seven assists for the Bengals.
The Gladiators add Barber to strengthen their defense, with just 13 games remaining in the regular season. Atlanta is currently tied for third place in the ECHL South with Greenville (59 points), one point in front of Orlando (58 points) who occupy fourth.
The Atlanta Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation's premier "AA" hockey league and are the Affiliate of the Eastern Conference Champion Boston Bruins. All home games are played at the 9,119-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth, Georgia. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for providing fun, friendly, family, affordable entertainment and are consistently ranked as one of the best "Things to Do" in the Atlanta Metro area and across the North Georgia region. Fans can purchase tickets by visiting www.atlantagladiators.com or by calling the front office at (770) 497-5100.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 4, 2020
- Cyclones' Power Play Leads the Way to Victory - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Hammer Solar Bears - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Edge Nailers, 3-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Growlers Shock the Thunder 4-3 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Thunder Fall Short in Henry's Milestone Game, 4-3 - Adirondack Thunder
- Swamp Rabbits Make Two Transactions - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - March 4 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- 2020-21 Season Tickets Now on Sale - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Acquire Munson, Kozun in Trades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gladiators add college defenseman - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mavericks Send Kozun to Solar Bears in Exchange for Forward Fitze - Kansas City Mavericks
- Preview: 'Blades, IceMen Start Home-And-Home Set in Estero - Florida Everblades
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Forwards Billy Vizzo and Nick DeVito - Worcester Railers HC
- Beaudoin Returns from AHL Manitoba - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kalamazoo Wings - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Walleye Weekly: Another Week on the Road - Toledo Walleye
- Idaho's Sholl Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Tomas Sholl Named February Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Make Several Roster Moves - Allen Americans
- Christopoulos Named ECHL Rookie of the Month - Toledo Walleye
- Hampden's Matthew St. Pierre Named Barnes Award Winner - Maine Mariners
- Toledo's Christopoulos Named Howies Hockey Tape/ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Chris McCarthy Re-Assigned to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears Suffer Setback in 6-3 Loss to Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oilers Pick up Point in Shutout Loss - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.