Eric Comrie Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
Winnipeg - The Manitoba Moose Hockey Club, in conjunction with the American Hockey league, announced today goaltender Eric Comrie is the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Jan. 20.
Comrie, 23, posted a 4-0-0 record last week, leading AHL goaltenders in wins, saves (131) and minutes played (244). The Edmonton, Alta. native allowed just seven goals, while featuring a 1.72 goals-against average and a 0.949 save percentage in his four starts.
Comrie made 34 saves, including five in overtime, in a 3-2 win over Milwaukee on Monday. He was named the game's third star on Wednesday, turning aside 31 Milwaukee shots in a 4-2 victory. Comrie then made 37 saves on Saturday, 19 of them in the third period, to shut down the San Antonio Rampage in a 4-1 victory, while being named the game's first star. The fourth year pro turned in another first star performance, leading Manitoba to a 4-2 win on Sunday, making 29 saves.
Since returning from the holiday break, Comrie holds a 7-2-1 record in 10 starts, while recording a 1.79 goals-against average and a 0.948 save percentage. Overall, the Winnipeg Jets' second round pick in 2013 is tied for third in the AHL with a 0.923 save percentage, while facing more shots (943) than any netminder in the league. He is tied for fourth in the league with 15 wins and ranks 12th in the AHL with a 2.65 goals-against average.
In recognition of being named CCM/AHL Player of the Week, Comrie will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Moose home game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 21, 2019
- San Diego Tops Reign, 4-1 - Ontario Reign
- Bad Bounces Down T-Birds in Overtime against Laval - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Glass Tough in Gulls' Win - San Diego Gulls
- Late Push by Tucson Overtakes Early Stars Advantage - Texas Stars
- Providence Tops Wolf Pack, 5-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Martin Dazzles in 2-1 Shootout Win at Stockton - Colorado Eagles
- Carey's Hat Trick Leads P-Bruins over Pack 5-2 - Providence Bruins
- Iowa Ends Homestand with 4-1 Win against Rockford - Iowa Wild
- Bears Mourn Loss of Hall of Famer George 'Red' Sullivan - Hershey Bears
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Carrick and Kloos to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Penguins Defeat Lehigh Valley in Overtime, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals Begin Nine-Game Homestand Tuesday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Huntebrinker Scores First AHL Goal as Phantoms Earn Point - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Koivula scores Bridgeport's lone goal in Monday loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Down Devils, 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Crunch Hang on for 2-1 Win over Devils - Binghamton Devils
- Bears Blast Sound Tigers, 4-1 - Hershey Bears
- Oilers Assign Jones to Bakersfield - Bakersfield Condors
- Game #37 Preview: Tucson vs. Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Eric Comrie Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins to Support Federal Workers with Free Ticket Offer - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manitoba's Eric Comrie Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Forward Matt Luff Assigned to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Heat Host Colorado for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Matinee - Stockton Heat
- Thunderbirds Look to Remain Unbeaten All Time vs. Rocket Monday Night - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Moose Reassign Cederholm, Release Mingo - Manitoba Moose
- Phantoms Add Two Players to the Roster - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 1 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Sound Tigers Host Hershey at 1 p.m. - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.