Manitoba's Eric Comrie Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
January 21, 2019 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that Manitoba Moose goaltender Eric Comrie has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending January 20, 2019.
Comrie was a perfect 4-0-0 in four starts last week, allowing just seven goals on 138 shots faced in 244 minutes of work (1.72, .949).
Comrie began his week last Monday with a 34-save effort to backstop the Moose to a 3-2 overtime victory over Milwaukee. On Wednesday night, Comrie stopped 31 shots - including 15 in the third period - in a 4-2 Manitoba win over the Admirals. On Saturday, he made 19 of his 37 saves in the final period of a 4-1 win over San Antonio. And on Sunday, Comrie faced 31 shots - his 10th consecutive start with at least 30 shots against - and turned aside 29 as the Moose defeated the Rampage, 4-2. Comrie's performances for the week included 62 saves on 64 shots in the third period and overtime (.969).
Comrie is now 5-0-1 in his last six starts and has a record of 15-11-2 in 28 appearances overall for Manitoba this season. He ranks first in the league in saves (870), second in minutes played (1,654), tied for fourth in wins (15), fourth in save percentage (.923) and 12th in goals-against average (2.65). The 23-year-old native of Edmonton, Alta., is in his fourth pro campaign and has made 164 AHL appearances with Manitoba and St. John's, with a record of 67-78-18, a 2.89 GAA, a .911 save percentage and eight shutouts. Comrie was a second-round choice (59th overall) by Winnipeg in the 2013 NHL Draft and has played four games for the Jets in his career to date.
In recognition of being named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, Comrie will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Moose home game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 21, 2019
- San Diego Tops Reign, 4-1 - Ontario Reign
- Bad Bounces Down T-Birds in Overtime against Laval - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Glass Tough in Gulls' Win - San Diego Gulls
- Late Push by Tucson Overtakes Early Stars Advantage - Texas Stars
- Providence Tops Wolf Pack, 5-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Martin Dazzles in 2-1 Shootout Win at Stockton - Colorado Eagles
- Carey's Hat Trick Leads P-Bruins over Pack 5-2 - Providence Bruins
- Iowa Ends Homestand with 4-1 Win against Rockford - Iowa Wild
- Bears Mourn Loss of Hall of Famer George 'Red' Sullivan - Hershey Bears
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Carrick and Kloos to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Penguins Defeat Lehigh Valley in Overtime, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals Begin Nine-Game Homestand Tuesday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Huntebrinker Scores First AHL Goal as Phantoms Earn Point - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Koivula scores Bridgeport's lone goal in Monday loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Down Devils, 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Crunch Hang on for 2-1 Win over Devils - Binghamton Devils
- Bears Blast Sound Tigers, 4-1 - Hershey Bears
- Oilers Assign Jones to Bakersfield - Bakersfield Condors
- Game #37 Preview: Tucson vs. Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Eric Comrie Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins to Support Federal Workers with Free Ticket Offer - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manitoba's Eric Comrie Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Forward Matt Luff Assigned to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Heat Host Colorado for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Matinee - Stockton Heat
- Thunderbirds Look to Remain Unbeaten All Time vs. Rocket Monday Night - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Moose Reassign Cederholm, Release Mingo - Manitoba Moose
- Phantoms Add Two Players to the Roster - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 1 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Sound Tigers Host Hershey at 1 p.m. - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.