Phantoms Add Two Players to the Roster
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Lehigh Valley Phantoms, proud AHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, have announced today they have added two players to the roster. Defenseman Frank Hora has been recalled from the Reading Royals of the ECHL, and forward Josh MacDonald has been signed to an AHL Pro Try-Out.
Hora, 22, has played 38 games for the Reading Royals and has notched seven points this season. He has played 100 games over the last two years for the Royals and totaled 21 points (1g, 20a) and a +28 rating. He led Reading with a +23 rating last season.
A native of Amherst, New York, Hora signed a one-year, AHL contract with Lehigh Valley on July 20, 2018. The 6-foot-1 defenseman played in eight games for the Phantoms last season with a +3 rating. He also played three games for the Cleveland Monsters on a PTO during the 2016-17 season.
Prior to turning pro, Hora played four seasons in the OHL for the Kitchener Rangers where he tallied 91 points (11g, 80a) and 235 penalty minutes in 241 career games. He was teammates with Phantoms' forwards Connor Bunnaman and Justin Bailey in Kitchener.
MacDonald, 24, has played 39 games this season for the Reading Royals and leads the Royals in goals with 18, and ranks second in points with 31. He sits ninth in the ECHL in goals scored.
A native of London, Ontario, MacDonald has played 184 games in the ECHL over the last 4 seasons, racking up 133 points on 66 goals and 67 assists for the Utah Grizzlies, Rapid City Rush, Quad City Mallards, and Reading Royals.
The 5-foot-10 left wing will join Lehigh Valley for the first time and is expected to make his AHL debut today.
The Phantoms will play an afternoon game in Wilkes-Barre today at 1:05pm against the Penguins before returning to PPL Center Wednesday night to take on the Hershey Bears.
Season tickets offering a wide range of benefits as well as 20-Game and 12-Game plans are available by calling the Phantoms at 610-224-GOAL (4625).
And for the latest Phantoms news, visit www.phantomshockey.com or follow the team on Facebook, Twitter (@lvphantoms) and Instagram (@lehighvalleyphantoms).
The Phantoms are coming off an incredibly successful fourth campaign in the Lehigh Valley playing at the state-of-the-art PPL Center in which the team claimed the Atlantic Division Championship and finished with the AHL's second-most wins (47) along with the league's second-highest standings points total (104) while advancing to the third round of the Calder Cup Playoffs for just the fourth time in franchise history.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 21, 2019
- San Diego Tops Reign, 4-1 - Ontario Reign
- Bad Bounces Down T-Birds in Overtime against Laval - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Glass Tough in Gulls' Win - San Diego Gulls
- Late Push by Tucson Overtakes Early Stars Advantage - Texas Stars
- Providence Tops Wolf Pack, 5-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Martin Dazzles in 2-1 Shootout Win at Stockton - Colorado Eagles
- Carey's Hat Trick Leads P-Bruins over Pack 5-2 - Providence Bruins
- Iowa Ends Homestand with 4-1 Win against Rockford - Iowa Wild
- Bears Mourn Loss of Hall of Famer George 'Red' Sullivan - Hershey Bears
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Carrick and Kloos to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Penguins Defeat Lehigh Valley in Overtime, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals Begin Nine-Game Homestand Tuesday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Huntebrinker Scores First AHL Goal as Phantoms Earn Point - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Koivula scores Bridgeport's lone goal in Monday loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Down Devils, 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Crunch Hang on for 2-1 Win over Devils - Binghamton Devils
- Bears Blast Sound Tigers, 4-1 - Hershey Bears
- Oilers Assign Jones to Bakersfield - Bakersfield Condors
- Game #37 Preview: Tucson vs. Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Eric Comrie Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins to Support Federal Workers with Free Ticket Offer - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manitoba's Eric Comrie Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Forward Matt Luff Assigned to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Heat Host Colorado for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Matinee - Stockton Heat
- Thunderbirds Look to Remain Unbeaten All Time vs. Rocket Monday Night - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Moose Reassign Cederholm, Release Mingo - Manitoba Moose
- Phantoms Add Two Players to the Roster - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 1 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Sound Tigers Host Hershey at 1 p.m. - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- Flyers Loan Defenseman Andy Welinski to Lehigh Valley
- Farabee Scores in Second Straight Game as Phantoms Earn Point
- Phantoms Young Talent Shines in 4-1 Victory over Penguins
- Former Phantom Denis Hamel Part of 2020 AHL Hall of Fame Class
- Phantoms Power Play