Heat Host Colorado for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Matinee
Monday, January 21, 2019
Arena: Stockton Arena
Date: Monday, January 21, 2019
Time: 1:00 p.m.
Broadcast: Watch a stream of the game on AHLTV, also available at Channel Brewing Company and Port City Bar and Grill. The Heat's radio call is available on Spreaker and iHeartRadio.
For live, in-game tweets, follow the Heat on Twitter @AHLHeat. Stay tuned after the game for the Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game for a chance to win a puck signed by Tyler Parsons.
The Stockton Heat look to keep momentum with a Monday matinee against divisional foe Colorado. The game is the final home game before the All Star Break for the Heat, who will head to Texas this weekend.
QUINE KEEPS FINDING TWINE
Alan Quine is red hot on the offensive end, coming into today's game with seven goals in Stockton's last six games after scoring the first goal in each of the Heat's last two contests. In total, Quine has tallied 11 points (7g,4a) over Stockton's last half-dozen.
PARSONS SETS TEAM RECORD
Tyler Parsons carried the Heat to victory on Saturday, setting Stockton's single-game team record with 49 saves, beating the previous high of 48 set by Jon Gillies on December 17, 2016. Parsons' play was a big reason the Heat were able to hold Texas's explosive power play to 0-for-6 on the night.
A RUDE WELCOME
The Heat have found early success against Colorado, starting the Eagles' AHL tenure with wins in the teams' first three meetings - two in Loveland and one in Stockton.
FEELING AT HOME
The Heat have struggled at home for most of the season but seems to be finding its footing at Stockton Arena, winners of back-to-back home dates with victories in three of the last four on home ice. A win today would give Stockton its first three-game win streak on home ice this year.
BEST IN THE (FAR) WEST
The Heat own the top-ranked power play in the Pacific Division, clicking at 22.7-percent on the year - fourth-best in the AHL. Stockton is 4-for-14 (28.6 percent) in three games against Colorado, which is fifth in the AHL on the PK (84.1 percent).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 21, 2019
- San Diego Tops Reign, 4-1 - Ontario Reign
- Bad Bounces Down T-Birds in Overtime against Laval - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Glass Tough in Gulls' Win - San Diego Gulls
- Late Push by Tucson Overtakes Early Stars Advantage - Texas Stars
- Providence Tops Wolf Pack, 5-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Martin Dazzles in 2-1 Shootout Win at Stockton - Colorado Eagles
- Carey's Hat Trick Leads P-Bruins over Pack 5-2 - Providence Bruins
- Iowa Ends Homestand with 4-1 Win against Rockford - Iowa Wild
- Bears Mourn Loss of Hall of Famer George 'Red' Sullivan - Hershey Bears
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Carrick and Kloos to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Penguins Defeat Lehigh Valley in Overtime, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals Begin Nine-Game Homestand Tuesday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Huntebrinker Scores First AHL Goal as Phantoms Earn Point - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Koivula scores Bridgeport's lone goal in Monday loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Down Devils, 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Crunch Hang on for 2-1 Win over Devils - Binghamton Devils
- Bears Blast Sound Tigers, 4-1 - Hershey Bears
- Oilers Assign Jones to Bakersfield - Bakersfield Condors
- Game #37 Preview: Tucson vs. Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Eric Comrie Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins to Support Federal Workers with Free Ticket Offer - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manitoba's Eric Comrie Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Forward Matt Luff Assigned to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Heat Host Colorado for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Matinee - Stockton Heat
- Thunderbirds Look to Remain Unbeaten All Time vs. Rocket Monday Night - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Moose Reassign Cederholm, Release Mingo - Manitoba Moose
- Phantoms Add Two Players to the Roster - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 1 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Sound Tigers Host Hershey at 1 p.m. - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.