Wolves' Military Appreciation Weekend Launches Month of Giving
GLENVIEW, Illinois - As the holidays approach, it's more important than ever to lend a hand to our neighbors who can use a boost -- and thank those who protect us every day of the year.
To honor veterans and active-duty military, the Chicago Wolves are hosting Military Appreciation Weekend for the home games at 7 p.m. Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday at Allstate Arena. Several local companies purchased blocks of tickets and donated them so veterans and their families can enjoy time together at a game -- and they'll be recognized and honored throughout the games.
On Saturday morning, the Wolves and Feed6 Outreach are conducting a food-packing event in Allstate Arena's Skyline Room that should yield more than 50,000 meals that will be distributed immediately throughout the Chicago area. The Jesse Brown VA Medical Center in Chicago and several other venues will receive these meals.
On Sunday, the Wolves host the second annual Salvation Army Red Kettle Game. The Salvation Army collects donations in their iconic red kettles throughout the holidays in order to help local families -- and Sunday's game serves as an official start for this season's fundraising. Not only can fans help the Salvation Army when they purchase tickets for Sunday's game -- use the code REDKETTLE at Ticketmaster.com -- but they can offer donations when they walk into Allstate Arena.
This weekend's games also serve as terrific opportunities for Wolves fans to help others. At every home game in November, the Wolves are collecting canned goods and other non-perishable items at the doors for the Canned Food Drive that will benefit the Common Food Pantry of Chicago and multiple other local pantries.
The Wolves also are collecting children's outerwear at all six November home games for the "Snug Hug For Kids" Winter Clothing Drive, presented by Merlin 200,000 Mile Shops. Preferred items include new or gently used coats, gloves, mittens, hats, scarves, boots, snow pants, socks and sweaters that can fit newborns to 18-year-olds.
For more information on any of these events or drives, please visit ChicagoWolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 8, 2019
- Berdin Blanks Rockford in 4-0 Moose Victory - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks Unable to Hold Lead in Shootout Loss to Devils - Rochester Americans
- Griffins' Special Teams Key Victory over Toronto - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Comeback to Down Senators, 4-3, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Put a Stop to Rampage - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins Score Twice in 34 Seconds, Beat Comets. 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sens Collect a Point in Syracuse - Belleville Senators
- Shesterkin Buoys Wolf Pack to 2-1 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Devils Come Back To Defeat Amerks, 4-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Drop Defensive Battle to Penguins - Utica Comets
- Monsters Stumble in 2-1 Loss to Rocket - Cleveland Monsters
- Markison's Late Goal Lifts Checkers Past Springfield - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Edge T-Birds Late in Weekend Opener - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Bears Fall to Division Leading Wolf Pack, 2-1 - Hershey Bears
- Megna Recalled by Avalanche, Lewis Reassigned to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Marlies Open a Back-To-Back in Grand Rapids - Toronto Marlies
- Coyotes Assign Kyle Capobianco to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Stars Recall Defenseman Gavin Bayreuther - Texas Stars
- Wolves' Military Appreciation Weekend Launches Month of Giving - Chicago Wolves
- Stars Host Military Appreciation Night Saturday - Texas Stars
- Iowa Wild Announces Andy Grammer as Post-Game Concert - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Face IceHogs on $2 Beers/$2 Hot Dogs Night - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Coyotes Assign Capobianco to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Give the Gift of Hockey with Amerks Holiday Packs - Rochester Americans
- Canucks Recall Jalen Chatfield - Utica Comets
- San Jose Barracuda Recall Forward Artem Ivanyuzhenkov from Orlando Solar Bears - San Jose Barracuda
- Jets Reassign Ville Heinola from Manitoba to Lukko Rauma - Manitoba Moose
- Heat Hit the Road for First of Two at Tucson - Stockton Heat
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, November 8 vs. Binghamton Devils - Rochester Americans
- Flyers Loan Vorobyev to Lehigh Valley; Recall Andreoff - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game 12 Preview: Stockton at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7:15 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Crunch, November 8 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.