Flyers Loan Vorobyev to Lehigh Valley; Recall Andreoff
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Philadelphia Flyers have announced today that they have loaned forward Mikhail Vorobyev to their American Hockey League affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. In addition, forward Andy Andreoff has been recalled by the Flyers.
Vorobyev, 22, returns from his second NHL call-up of the season and has appeared in six games for Philadelphia, this year, tallying one assist. In eight games for Lehigh Valley this season he has totaled four points on two goals and two assists. He played in 42 games for the Phantoms last season, posting 26 points on seven goals and 19 assists.
A fourth round pick (#104) by the Philadelphia Flyers in 2015 NHL draft, Vorobyev played 15 games for the Flyers last season after making his NHL debut on October 4, 2018 against the Vegas Golden Knights. He scored his first NHL goal in his second game on October 6 against the Colorado Avalanche. Vorobyev has played 21 total games for the Flyers and 108 for Lehigh Valley.
Andreoff, 28, is in his first season with the Phantoms and has registered seven points on three goals and four assists through 10 games. Andreoff was named a co-captain of Lehigh Valley on October 4 by Scott Gordon. He appeared in his 400th pro game on November 3 against Bridgeport.
Originally drafted in the third round (#80) in the 2011 NHL draft by the Los Angeles Kings, Andreoff has played 159 NHL games, all for the Kings, and has tallied 13 goals and 11 assists for 24 points and 214 penalty minutes. He mad his NHL debut on October 14, 2014 against the Edmonton Oilers.
A native of Pickering, Ontario, Andreoff has played a total of 242 AHL games, with the Manchester Monarchs, Syracuse Crunch and Lehigh Valley. He has totaled 134 points with 59 goals and 75 assists and 425 penalty minutes. He set a career high during last season with 26 goals, 29 assists and 55 points for the Syracuse Crunch. He was second in the AHL with 150 penalty minutes.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 8, 2019
- Berdin Blanks Rockford in 4-0 Moose Victory - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks Unable to Hold Lead in Shootout Loss to Devils - Rochester Americans
- Griffins' Special Teams Key Victory over Toronto - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Comeback to Down Senators, 4-3, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Put a Stop to Rampage - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins Score Twice in 34 Seconds, Beat Comets. 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sens Collect a Point in Syracuse - Belleville Senators
- Shesterkin Buoys Wolf Pack to 2-1 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Devils Come Back To Defeat Amerks, 4-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Drop Defensive Battle to Penguins - Utica Comets
- Monsters Stumble in 2-1 Loss to Rocket - Cleveland Monsters
- Markison's Late Goal Lifts Checkers Past Springfield - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Edge T-Birds Late in Weekend Opener - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Bears Fall to Division Leading Wolf Pack, 2-1 - Hershey Bears
- Megna Recalled by Avalanche, Lewis Reassigned to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Marlies Open a Back-To-Back in Grand Rapids - Toronto Marlies
- Coyotes Assign Kyle Capobianco to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Stars Recall Defenseman Gavin Bayreuther - Texas Stars
- Wolves' Military Appreciation Weekend Launches Month of Giving - Chicago Wolves
- Stars Host Military Appreciation Night Saturday - Texas Stars
- Iowa Wild Announces Andy Grammer as Post-Game Concert - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Face IceHogs on $2 Beers/$2 Hot Dogs Night - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Coyotes Assign Capobianco to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Give the Gift of Hockey with Amerks Holiday Packs - Rochester Americans
- Canucks Recall Jalen Chatfield - Utica Comets
- San Jose Barracuda Recall Forward Artem Ivanyuzhenkov from Orlando Solar Bears - San Jose Barracuda
- Jets Reassign Ville Heinola from Manitoba to Lukko Rauma - Manitoba Moose
- Heat Hit the Road for First of Two at Tucson - Stockton Heat
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, November 8 vs. Binghamton Devils - Rochester Americans
- Flyers Loan Vorobyev to Lehigh Valley; Recall Andreoff - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game 12 Preview: Stockton at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7:15 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Crunch, November 8 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.