Walleye Weekly #1- One Game, One Win
Overall Record: 1-0-0-0, 2nd Central Division
Current Streak: 1 Win
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
October 12 at Brampton 4-3 Win
THIS WEEK'S GAMES (All Times Eastern)
October 19 at Fort Wayne at 7:30 p.m. (7:15 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230)
WALLEYE WEEKLY SCHEDULE
Monday, October 14 - No Practice
Tuesday, October 15 - Practice 10:30 a.m. at Tam-O-Shanter
Wednesday, October 16 - Practice 10:30 a.m. at Huntington Center
Thursday, October 17 - Practice 10:30 a.m. at Huntington Center
Friday, October 18 - Practice 10:30 a.m. at Huntington Center
Saturday, October 19 - Game at Fort Wayne at 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, October 20 - No Practice
PLEASE NOTE: All times are subject to change. For the latest news on the Toledo Walleye visit www.toledowalleye.com
One game, one win: The Walleye opened the 2019-20 season with a 4-3 road win at Brampton on Saturday. Brandon Troock and Tyler Spezia each scored a goal with an assist to put the Walleye up 3-0 early in the second period. Following a furious comeback but the Beast to tie the game, Alex Kromm found the back of the net with 3:23 left in the third to seal the win.
Sol headed to Cincy: Defenseman Cody Sol was dealt today from the Toledo Walleye to the Cincinnati Cyclones in exchange for future considerations. Sol picked up an assist on Branden Troock's first period goal on Saturday in Brampton. The 28-year-old also appeared in both of Toledo's preseason wins against Kalamazoo with five penalty minutes.
Getting off to a good start: With the win Saturday, the Walleye have started another season with a victory. Since Walleye hockey began in 2009, Toledo is 6-4-1 in season opening games. That includes a near perfect 5-1-1 record in season opening games on the road.
The wheels on the bus go round and round in October: Toledo will keep the bus moving in the first month of the season as all five of Toledo's games in October are on the road. The first Toledo Walleye game at the Huntington Center is set for November 2 when the Florida Everblades invade Toledo. They were the first ever time that Walleye played in their history back on October 16, 2009 (2-1 Florida win). The latest a Toledo team has started its home schedule was November 7, 2015 vs. Adirondack. Toledo played the first seven games on the road that season.
Nagle gets 60: With 30 saves on Saturday, goaltender Pat Nagle collected his 60th career regular season win in a Walleye uniform. In this his third season between the pipes for Toledo, Nagle has a regular season record of 60-20-7. Only Jeff Lerg has more career wins for the Walleye with 63.
One week, one game: The Walleye have just one game this week as they travel to Fort Wayne on Saturday for the first of thirteen meetings this season against their rivals from Indiana.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Branden Troock (1 goal - 1 assist = 2 points)
GOALTENDER OF THE WEEK
Pat Nagle (1-0-0, 3.00 GAA, .909 save %)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 14, 2019
- Steelheads to Host Ã¢ÂÂFan Fest' Ahead of Friday's Home Opener - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades Weekly: One Sweep Down; Home Opener on the Horizon - Florida Everblades
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Wells Heads to Bako; Exell Signed to SPC - Wichita Thunder
- Swamp Rabbits Make Two Trades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mariners Weekly: Mariners Hit Road for Four - Maine Mariners
- Houser Recalled by Rochester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Thunder Bested by Beast in Shootout, 4-3 - Adirondack Thunder
- Walleye Weekly #1- One Game, One Win - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Acquire Longtime Rival Sol - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Todd Rips Pair, Daccord Stands Tall as Beast Pick up First Win of 2019-20 - Brampton Beast
- Defenseman Jeff Taylor Assigned to Maine from Hartford - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Announces Marvel Super Hero Nights for 2019-20 Season - ECHL
- Grizzlies Weekly - Utah Grizzlies
- Komets Ground Wings in Season Opener 5-2; Wheeling Visits Friday, Walleye Invade Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Weekly - October 14, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly #1 (2019-20) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Weekly, October 14th - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Weekly Report, Vol. 19, No. 1 - Reading Royals
- Mavs Monday: Wrapping up Opening Weekend - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Weekly Report - October 14 - South Carolina Stingrays
- K-Wings Weekly: Season Starts with Home Opener Set for Saturday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - October 14 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toledo Walleye Stories
- Berschbach Reaches Century Mark as Walleye Defeat Beast
- Late Rally Not Enough as Walleye Fall to Adirondack
- Walleye Weekly: Bring Your Teddy to the Game
- Walleye Score Four Times in Second Period, Hold off Nailers
- Vela Nets First Professional Hat Trick as Walleye Topple Royals