Todd Rips Pair, Daccord Stands Tall as Beast Pick up First Win of 2019-20
BRAMPTON, ONTARIO - Nathan Todd scored twice and Lindsay Sparks had the shootout winner as the Brampton Beast defeated the Adirondack Thunder 4-3 on Monday afternoon.
The Brampton Beast took on the Adirondack Thunder from the CAA Centre on Thanksgiving Monday. The Beast came into the contest looking for their first win of the 2019-20 season.
Joey Daccord would make his second straight start between the pipes for the Beast, while Eamon McAdam patrolled the crease for the Thunder.
The Beast would get on the board first with a goal from Nathan Todd. The shot bounced in on McAdam and Todd was waiting in the crease to bang it home for a 1-0 lead at 14:16. TJ Melancon and Brenden Miller would draw the assists.
With just over a minute to play, the Thunder would strike with a goal from Robbie Payne. It would be a tie game heading into the first intermission with the shots coming in at 12-8 in favour of the visiting Thunder.
The second frame was all about the goaltenders. McAdam and Daccord made some massive saves as the action went back and forth the entire period. Late in the second, the Thunder struck once again, this time off the stick of Felix Girard.
That goal made it 2-1 Adirondack at 17:48. The Beast would head into the second intermission down 2-1 but ahead in shots by a count of 28-19.
The third period was action packed all the way to the final whistle. The Beast struck first to tie the game off the shot from Lindsay Sparks at 1:06.
Brampton continued their onslaught with a go-ahead goal from Nathan Todd at 4:17. Adirondack wasn't done yet, as they fought back to tie it with a late goal from Conor Riley at 7:17.
Seven minutes of overtime solved nothing so the game went into a shootout. The aforementioned Sparks scored the only goal and Daccord made all three saves as the Beast got their first win of the 2019-20 season by a score of 4-3.
Notes: The three stars of the game were 3) Daccord (BRA) 2) McAdam (ADK) 1) Todd (BRA) The Beast and Thunder finished the contest scoreless on the power play. Brampton will take on the Newfoundland Growlers this coming Friday and Saturday for the first away games of the campaign.
The three stars of the game were 3) Nagle (TOL) 2) Clapperton (BRA) 1) Spezia (TOL) The Beast and Walleye finished the contest scoreless on the power play. Brampton will take on the Adirondack Thunder at home on Monday, October 14th at 12:35 PM.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 14, 2019
- Steelheads to Host Ã¢ÂÂFan Fest' Ahead of Friday's Home Opener - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades Weekly: One Sweep Down; Home Opener on the Horizon - Florida Everblades
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Wells Heads to Bako; Exell Signed to SPC - Wichita Thunder
- Swamp Rabbits Make Two Trades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mariners Weekly: Mariners Hit Road for Four - Maine Mariners
- Houser Recalled by Rochester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Thunder Bested by Beast in Shootout, 4-3 - Adirondack Thunder
- Walleye Weekly #1- One Game, One Win - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Acquire Longtime Rival Sol - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Todd Rips Pair, Daccord Stands Tall as Beast Pick up First Win of 2019-20 - Brampton Beast
- Defenseman Jeff Taylor Assigned to Maine from Hartford - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Announces Marvel Super Hero Nights for 2019-20 Season - ECHL
- Grizzlies Weekly - Utah Grizzlies
- Komets Ground Wings in Season Opener 5-2; Wheeling Visits Friday, Walleye Invade Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Weekly - October 14, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly #1 (2019-20) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Weekly, October 14th - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Weekly Report, Vol. 19, No. 1 - Reading Royals
- Mavs Monday: Wrapping up Opening Weekend - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Weekly Report - October 14 - South Carolina Stingrays
- K-Wings Weekly: Season Starts with Home Opener Set for Saturday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - October 14 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.