ECHL Announces Marvel Super Hero Nights for 2019-20 Season
October 14, 2019 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - The ECHL announced on Monday that the 2019-20 Season will once again feature Marvel Super Hero themed games throughout the League's 26 Teams including specialty jerseys, and character appearances, co-branded ECHL/Marvel merchandise and other in-game promotions during the designated events.
For the 2019-20 Season, the program will feature the addition of Spider-Man, along with returning characters including Black Panther, Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy characters Star-Lord, Groot and Rocket Raccoon.
"Now headed into our third year with the ECHL, we couldn't be more excited that Marvel-themed games will be on every team's schedule again," said Mike Pasciullo, Marvel SVP, Marketing and Communications. "We're proud our unique character-inspired uniforms are being worn by hockey players full of grit and determination - attributes long associated with so many of Marvel's Super Heroes. Watching entire families from tight-knit communities come out to support their hometown franchises while also sporting their favorite Marvel costumes and gear has been an exceptional opportunity for us to localize celebrations of our brand across North America."
Over the course of the Season, each ECHL Team will adorn a special Marvel Super Hero themed jersey and host an ECHL-Marvel Super Hero Night featuring their respective Marvel characters.
"For the third year in a row, ECHL cities welcome Marvel and their Super Heroes back to our venues, and we are thrilled with the designs and new additions this season," said ECHL Commissioner Ryan Crelin. "With Spider-Man designs launched into this year's program, I am excited to see the new on-ice look and entertainment for our fans."
As part of this league-wide program, all ECHL-Marvel themed jerseys will be auctioned off to the public through The MeiGray Group at www.meigray.com. For complete details on the ECHL-Marvel Super Hero Night in the ECHL market nearest you, please see the schedule below or contact your ECHL Team directly.
ECHL - MARVEL Super Hero Game Nights
ECHL Team Game Date
Adirondack Thunder Nov. 10
Allen Americans Nov. 23
Atlanta Gladiators Mar. 6
Brampton Beast Mar. 28
Cincinnati Cyclones Jan. 17, 18 and 19
Florida Everblades Nov. 23
Fort Wayne Komets Apr. 3
Greenville Swamp Rabbits Feb. 22
Idaho Steelheads Jan. 18
Indy Fuel Dec. 28
Jacksonville Icemen Nov. 16
Kalamazoo Wings Feb. 8
Kansas City Mavericks Dec. 7
Maine Mariners Nov. 2
Newfoundland Growlers Mar. 27
Norfolk Admirals Nov. 30
Orlando Solar Bears Nov. 30
Rapid City Rush Feb. 12
Reading Royals Feb. 22
South Carolina Stingrays Jan. 4
Toledo Walleye Jan. 10
Tulsa Oilers Feb. 23
Utah Grizzlies Jan. 20
Wheeling Nailers Mar. 28
Wichita Thunder Nov. 30
Worcester Railers Jan. 25
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 14, 2019
- Steelheads to Host Ã¢ÂÂFan Fest' Ahead of Friday's Home Opener - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades Weekly: One Sweep Down; Home Opener on the Horizon - Florida Everblades
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Wells Heads to Bako; Exell Signed to SPC - Wichita Thunder
- Swamp Rabbits Make Two Trades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mariners Weekly: Mariners Hit Road for Four - Maine Mariners
- Houser Recalled by Rochester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Thunder Bested by Beast in Shootout, 4-3 - Adirondack Thunder
- Walleye Weekly #1- One Game, One Win - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Acquire Longtime Rival Sol - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Todd Rips Pair, Daccord Stands Tall as Beast Pick up First Win of 2019-20 - Brampton Beast
- Defenseman Jeff Taylor Assigned to Maine from Hartford - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Announces Marvel Super Hero Nights for 2019-20 Season - ECHL
- Grizzlies Weekly - Utah Grizzlies
- Komets Ground Wings in Season Opener 5-2; Wheeling Visits Friday, Walleye Invade Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Weekly - October 14, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly #1 (2019-20) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Weekly, October 14th - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Weekly Report, Vol. 19, No. 1 - Reading Royals
- Mavs Monday: Wrapping up Opening Weekend - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Weekly Report - October 14 - South Carolina Stingrays
- K-Wings Weekly: Season Starts with Home Opener Set for Saturday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - October 14 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.