Royals Weekly Report, Vol. 19, No. 1
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals were the only team in the North Division to earn three points (1-0-1-0 record) in the ECHL's opening weekend, giving the squad a chance to win a season-opening three-game road trip against Newfoundland. Reading is at Newfoundland Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. before returning this weekend for the home opener Sat., Oct. 19 at 7:00 p.m. vs. Maine. Presented by Illusion Sound & Lighting, the home opener starts at 3:00 p.m. with a massive block party, games, food, drinks and a special "Downtown Alive" concert featuring the band "Cracker" on Penn Street.
The Royals are also home Sun., Oct. 20 at 4:00 p.m. vs. Maine, featuring a postgame skate and $1 hot dogs, $1 sodas and $1 nachos. It's also the first Kids Club game of the season, pres. by Schuykill Valley Sports, Applebee's and the YMCA of Reading and Berks County.
Oct. 15 at Newfoundland: 5:30 p.m.
Oct. 19 vs. Maine: Santander Arena, 7:00 p.m.
Oct. 20 vs. Maine: Santander Arena, 4:00 p.m.
1-0-1-0, 3 pts., 1st North (entering Monday)
Reading - 3 points
Newfoundland - 2 points
Worcester - 2 points
Adirondack - 2 points
Brampton - 0 points
Maine - 0 points
Oct. 11 at NFD: W, 6-5
Oct. 12 at NFD: OTL, 3-2
The Royals overcame a three-goal deficit to win their first game of the season Friday at Newfoundland, the team's first three-goal come-from-behind win since Mar. 2018 vs. Manchester. In that March game, the Royals won in a shootout to clinch a berth in the 2018 Kelly Cup Playoffs.
Forward Matthew Gaudreau earned his first multi-point game with Reading Saturday, scoring the team's first goal and assisting on the second. He was reassigned to Reading from Stockton (AHL) a week before the season opener.
Captain Garrett Mitchell has three assists in his first two games, topping the team in helpers and points.
Ralph Cuddemi earned his first multi-goal game with the team Friday.
Kirill Ustimenko (OTL, 32 saves, 3 GA) and Felix SandstrÃ¶m (Win, 26 saves, 5 GA) are both signed to entry-level contracts by the Philadelphia Flyers. They have split the first two starts of the season. Reading also has Trevor Gorsuch on the active roster; Gorsuch won the Royals final preseason game Adirondack.
Regular season team leaders
Goals: Ralph Cuddemi (2)
Assists: Garrett Mitchell (3)
Points: Garrett Mitchell (3)
PIM: Garrett Mitchell (6)
+/-: Ralph Cuddemi (+4)
Monday - team at Newfoundland .
Tuesday - Game at Newfoundland, 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday - OFF DAY
Thursday - Practice at Body Zone, 10:00 - 11:30 a.m.
Friday - Practice at Body Zone, 10:00 - 11:30 a.m.
Saturday - Game vs. Maine, 7:00 p.m
Sunday - Game vs. Maine, 4:00 p.m.
Monday - OFF DAY
Single-game tickets and mini-plans are on sale by visiting royalshockey.com/promotions, calling 610-898-7825 and visiting Santander Arena and The Weidenhammer Box Office at 700 Penn Street, Reading, PA.
Reading's new five-game mini-plan includes a meal for every game, a Reading Royals Hat, an exclusive fan experience, an autographed team picture and a guaranteed giveaway for each of the 5 games. Purchase your seat or seats today by calling 610-898-7825 or by visiting https://bit.ly/2LSHBp8.
About the Royals
The Royals are in their 19th ECHL season and are proudly affiliated with the NHL's Philadelphia Flyers and AHL's Lehigh Valley Phantoms. The Royals won the Kelly Cup in 2013, have made the playoffs 14 times, and are four-time division champions. The Berks County Convention Center Authority (BCCCA), founded in 1996, owns the Royals and oversees operations at Santander Arena and the Santander Arena Performing Arts Center.
Listen to all Royals broadcasts at Mixlr.com/ReadingRoyals or by downloading the Mixlr App from the App Store or Google Play. All Royals away games are broadcasted on BCTV (Ch. 15 Comcast, Ch. 19 Service Electric) and Mixlr.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 14, 2019
- Steelheads to Host Ã¢ÂÂFan Fest' Ahead of Friday's Home Opener - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades Weekly: One Sweep Down; Home Opener on the Horizon - Florida Everblades
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Wells Heads to Bako; Exell Signed to SPC - Wichita Thunder
- Swamp Rabbits Make Two Trades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mariners Weekly: Mariners Hit Road for Four - Maine Mariners
- Houser Recalled by Rochester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Thunder Bested by Beast in Shootout, 4-3 - Adirondack Thunder
- Walleye Weekly #1- One Game, One Win - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Acquire Longtime Rival Sol - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Todd Rips Pair, Daccord Stands Tall as Beast Pick up First Win of 2019-20 - Brampton Beast
- Defenseman Jeff Taylor Assigned to Maine from Hartford - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Announces Marvel Super Hero Nights for 2019-20 Season - ECHL
- Grizzlies Weekly - Utah Grizzlies
- Komets Ground Wings in Season Opener 5-2; Wheeling Visits Friday, Walleye Invade Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Weekly - October 14, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly #1 (2019-20) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Weekly, October 14th - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Weekly Report, Vol. 19, No. 1 - Reading Royals
- Mavs Monday: Wrapping up Opening Weekend - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Weekly Report - October 14 - South Carolina Stingrays
- K-Wings Weekly: Season Starts with Home Opener Set for Saturday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - October 14 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- Reading Royals Announce First-Ever Virtual Pink in the Rink Game Presented by Met-Ed
- Reading Royals Proudly Announce 20 Recipient Businesses of Its Royals20for20 Small Business Stimulus Plan
- Reading Royals Announce Royals20for20 Small Business Stimulus Campaign
- Reading Royals Introduce FanSaves App to Connect Their Fans and Sponsors
- Reading Royals and Met-Ed Announce Joint Volunteer & Community Engagement Initiatives for 2020-2021