Cyclones Acquire Longtime Rival Sol
Cincinnati, OH - The Cincinnati Cyclones acquired defenseman Cody Sol from the Toledo Walleye, in exchange for Future Considerations. Sol, who signed with the Walleye prior to the start of the season, registered an assist in his only game with the Walleye; a 4-3 win over the Brampton Beast on Saturday.
A native of Woodstock, ON, Sol has spent the last five seasons with the Ft. Wayne Komets, where he accounted for 28 goals and 101 assists, along with 785 penalty minutes, across 287 games. He accounted for 11 points on four goals and seven assists last season, and enjoyed a career-high 29-point campaign (8g, 21a) in 2017-18. Sol has also seen ECHL time with the Colorado Eagles in 2012-13 and Ontario Reign in 2013-14. Overall, in 378 ECHL, Sol has accounted for 128 points (39g, 89a) along with a whopping 1,015 minutes in penalties.
The 28-year-old has also seen time in the American Hockey League (AHL) with the Chicago Wolves and St. John's IceCaps, tallying a goal and three assists in 28 career games.
Prior to turning pro, Sol enjoyed a successful career in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL), suiting up for the Kitchener Rangers and Saginaw Spirit. In 255 career OHL games, he amassed 76 points (27g, 49a) along with 575 penalty minutes.
The 2019-20 Cincinnati Cyclones season is upon us! The defending Brabham Cup champion Cyclones are looking to build off of last season's success, and we invite YOU to join us for the ride! Single game tickets, along with season and group ticket packages for every game this season are on sale now, and you can get more info by calling (513) 421-PUCK! Stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 14, 2019
- Steelheads to Host Ã¢ÂÂFan Fest' Ahead of Friday's Home Opener - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades Weekly: One Sweep Down; Home Opener on the Horizon - Florida Everblades
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Wells Heads to Bako; Exell Signed to SPC - Wichita Thunder
- Swamp Rabbits Make Two Trades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mariners Weekly: Mariners Hit Road for Four - Maine Mariners
- Houser Recalled by Rochester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Thunder Bested by Beast in Shootout, 4-3 - Adirondack Thunder
- Walleye Weekly #1- One Game, One Win - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Acquire Longtime Rival Sol - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Todd Rips Pair, Daccord Stands Tall as Beast Pick up First Win of 2019-20 - Brampton Beast
- Defenseman Jeff Taylor Assigned to Maine from Hartford - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Announces Marvel Super Hero Nights for 2019-20 Season - ECHL
- Grizzlies Weekly - Utah Grizzlies
- Komets Ground Wings in Season Opener 5-2; Wheeling Visits Friday, Walleye Invade Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Weekly - October 14, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly #1 (2019-20) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Weekly, October 14th - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Weekly Report, Vol. 19, No. 1 - Reading Royals
- Mavs Monday: Wrapping up Opening Weekend - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Weekly Report - October 14 - South Carolina Stingrays
- K-Wings Weekly: Season Starts with Home Opener Set for Saturday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - October 14 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.