Swamp Rabbits Make Two Trades
GREENVILLE, S.C. - The Greenville Swamp Rabbits, proud affiliate of the Carolina Hurricanes and Charlotte Checkers, have received future considerations in a trade with the Worcester Railers that sends defenseman Jake Bolton the other direction, and have received future considerations in a trade with the Utah Grizzlies for defenseman J.C. Brassard.
Bolton posted career highs in all offensive categories last season with the Swamp Rabbits, including 13 goals, 15 assists and 28 points. Bolton will be joining his seventh team in his pro career dates back to the 2015-16 season. The Connecticut native attended the College of the Holy Cross, and is among the hockey program's standout athletes. Holy Cross is located in Worcester.
Brassard finished his first full year as a pro with the Swamp Rabbits last season, posting 14 points in 34 games. He entered the league with the South Carolina Stingrays out of Union College.
The Swamp Rabbits' home opener is coming up on Friday, October 18 in a rematch against the Icemen. Tickets are available for this unforgettable night at SwampRabbits.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 14, 2019
- Steelheads to Host Ã¢ÂÂFan Fest' Ahead of Friday's Home Opener - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades Weekly: One Sweep Down; Home Opener on the Horizon - Florida Everblades
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Wells Heads to Bako; Exell Signed to SPC - Wichita Thunder
- Swamp Rabbits Make Two Trades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mariners Weekly: Mariners Hit Road for Four - Maine Mariners
- Houser Recalled by Rochester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Thunder Bested by Beast in Shootout, 4-3 - Adirondack Thunder
- Walleye Weekly #1- One Game, One Win - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Acquire Longtime Rival Sol - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Todd Rips Pair, Daccord Stands Tall as Beast Pick up First Win of 2019-20 - Brampton Beast
- Defenseman Jeff Taylor Assigned to Maine from Hartford - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Announces Marvel Super Hero Nights for 2019-20 Season - ECHL
- Grizzlies Weekly - Utah Grizzlies
- Komets Ground Wings in Season Opener 5-2; Wheeling Visits Friday, Walleye Invade Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Weekly - October 14, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly #1 (2019-20) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Weekly, October 14th - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Weekly Report, Vol. 19, No. 1 - Reading Royals
- Mavs Monday: Wrapping up Opening Weekend - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Weekly Report - October 14 - South Carolina Stingrays
- K-Wings Weekly: Season Starts with Home Opener Set for Saturday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - October 14 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.