Thunder Raise over $30,000 During Stick It to Cancer Weekend
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils and Utica Comets, announced today that they have raised $31,223.80 from their Stick it to Cancer Weekend to benefit the C.R. Wood Cancer Center at Glens Falls Hospital.
"We are absolutely blown away by the support of the community for this great cause," Thunder Team President Jeff Mead said. "Stick it to Cancer Weekend holds a special place in everyone's heart and regardless of the outcome of the games, everyone in our great community stepped up and did their part to help fight this terrible disease."
With the totals from Friday's 50/50 raffle, Friday's paint the ice event, Saturday's postgame jersey auction, and other various donations throughout the weekend, the Thunder raised over $10,000 more than the previous season's Stick it to Cancer Weekend.
"The staff and patients of the CR Wood Cancer Center greatly appreciate the community support during the Stick it to Cancer Hockey Weekend," said Vickie Yattaw, Oncology Education and Support Services Manager for the C.R. Wood Cancer Center. "100% of the funds go back out to patients in our community to help cover the cost of gas, transportation, and medical copays. We are very thankful for the generosity of the community and the support of the Adirondack Thunder for organizing such a wonderful event.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 31, 2022
- Americans Complete Trade with Reading - Allen Americans
- Royals Acquire Franklin from Allen; Brandt Traded to Worcester - Reading Royals
- Solar Bears Release Matt Barry - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - March 31 - ECHL
- Worcester Railers HC Acquire Defenseman Jared Brandt from Reading Royals for Future Considerations - Worcester Railers HC
- Graves Dealt to Atlanta; Clarke to Toledo - Wichita Thunder
- Admirals Acquire Vilio and Van Os from Rapid City - Norfolk Admirals
- Americans Acquire Colby McAuley from South Carolina - Allen Americans
- Rush Acquire Defenseman Kyle Rhodes from Norfolk - Rapid City Rush
- Fan Instructions for 2022 Guns N' Hoses Charity Game - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Sign Two More Huskies; Trade McAuley to Allen - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye Make Multiple Moves Ahead of Trade Deadline - Toledo Walleye
- Glads Trade for Defenseman Graves - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Weekly, March 31 - Wichita Thunder
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Forward Steve Jandric to an ECHL Contract - Worcester Railers HC
- Newfoundland's Finkelstein Is AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Thunder Raise over $30,000 During Stick It to Cancer Weekend - Adirondack Thunder
- Rush Defeat Grizz 4-3 - Utah Grizzlies
- Rush Drop Grizzlies, 4-3, Take over Division Lead - Rapid City Rush
- Americans Win Overtime Thriller - Allen Americans
- K-Wings Thrill at Home in OT, Now in Playoff Position - Kalamazoo Wings
- Make It Two in a Row for the Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Adirondack Thunder Stories
- Thunder Announce Qualifying Offers for Five Players
- Thunder Re-Sign Forward Colin Long for 2022-23 Season
- Pete MacArthur Named Fourth Head Coach in Adirondack Thunder History
- Adirondack Thunder Announce 2022 Protected List
- Adirondack Thunder Part Ways with Head Coach Alex Loh