Thunder Closes Road Trip with Loss at Allen
Allen, TX - Wichita finished a five-game road swing on Friday night, losing to Allen by the final of 7-3 at the Allen Event Center.
Jakob Stukel and Pierre-Cedric Labrie each finished with two points.
It didn't take long for the Americans to get on the board. Wichita took two penalties in the first and it cost them in the early going. Zach Pochiro made it 1-0 at 1:50 on the man advantage as he found a rebound and put it home. With eight seconds left in the frame, Riley Bourbonnais got behind a defenseman and beat Stuart Skinner to make it 2-0.
In the second, the two teams combined for four goals. Pochiro netted his second of the contest at 2:25 as he fired a one-timer past Skinner. That would be it for the Edmonton native and Matt Hewitt entered the game. At 9:40, Stukel got behind the Allen defense and beat Motte across the crease for his eighth of the year. Iacobellis cut the lead to one at 14:54 with his 12th of the year. Pochiro was awarded a penalty shot at 17:10 and cashed in on the opportunity to make it 4-2.
Dante Salituro increased the lead to 5-2 with a shorthanded goal at 8:15 of the third. The Americans made it 6-2 as Pochiro netted his fourth of the game at 11:36. Cam Reid scored at 14:23 to make it 6-3. Mitch Maloney closed the scoring at 15:21 to increase the Americans advantage to 7-3.
Stukel had a goal and an assist while Labrie had two helpers. Reid notched his fifth of the season. Iacobellis has points in back-to-back games.
Wichita returns home tomorrow night to host the Americans starting at 7:05 p.m.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 12, 2019
- Cyclones Bounce Back to Split with Mavericks - Cincinnati Cyclones
- IceMen Lose a Goal-Heavy Game in Duluth - Jacksonville IceMen
- Grizzlies Win Streak Ends with 6-4 Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Record-Breakers Bligh and Nesbitt Lead Atlanta to Second Straight Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mavericks Shut out by Cyclones, 2-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Everblades Hop Away with Another High-Scoring Win in 10-4 Rout - Florida Everblades
- Florida Rides Insane Shooting Percentage, Beats Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Fuel Come up Short in Game One of Weekend Set with Nailers - Indy Fuel
- Beast Can't Complete Comeback and Fall in Overtime 4-3 - Brampton Beast
- Admirals Collect a Point, But Fall in Shootout 5-4 - Norfolk Admirals
- Ronning Rescues Mariners in Overtime - Maine Mariners
- Matt Schmalz Has Big Game for Railers in 4-1 Home Win over the Royals - Worcester Railers HC
- Nailers Triumphant on Nickelodeon Night - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Drop at Worcester, 4-1 - Reading Royals
- Shorthanded Thunder Stymied in 3-1 Loss to Growlers - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Beat Thunder 5-1, Win Fifth Straight Game - Newfoundland Growlers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - January 12 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals, January 12, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Preview: Everblades Eye Sweep of Swamp Rabbits in Homestand Finale - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kansas City - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Brodzinski, Donaghey Join Solar Bears in Norfolk - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers vs. Fuel Game Day Snap Shot, January 12 - Wheeling Nailers
- Series Continues Tonight in Wichita - Allen Americans
- Game Day: Royals Hit Halfway Mark of Season at Worcester - Reading Royals
- Carr Gets Shutout in 3-0 Utah Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Sink Walleye 4-3 in Shootout for Soldout Crowd - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder Closes Road Trip with Loss at Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Lohan's First Career Goal Stands up as Game-Winner in 4-2 Victory - Orlando Solar Bears
- Pochiro and Americans Rout Wichita 7-3 - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.