Preview: Everblades Eye Sweep of Swamp Rabbits in Homestand Finale
ESTERO, Fla. - Aiming for their fourth straight win, the Florida Everblades (25-7-5-0, 55 pts.) conclude a six-game homestand and a three-game set against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits (14-21-3-2, 33 pts.) with a Saturday night matchup at Hertz Arena.
Game 38: Everblades vs. Greenville
When: 7 p.m. ET
Where: Hertz Arena
Social: Twitter | #GRNvsFLA
Last Time Out
Kyle Platzer netted his second multi-goal game of the season and Jeremy Helvig turned aside all 24 shots he faced in a 5-0 win for Florida over Greenville on Friday night at Hertz Arena. Platzer's multi-goal game was his team-leading ninth multi-point game of the season, while Helvig's win was his eighth straight, extending his unbeaten streak to 11 games. Justin Auger, Matt Finn, and Shane Walsh also scored in the win.
BOX SCORE | RECAP
Players to Watch
Logan Roe (FLA) - In his fourth year with the 'Blades, Roe has become a consistent contributor as of late and has a three-game point streak (2g-4a) entering Saturday. The Fort Myers, Florida, native has registered 18 points (2g-16a) this season in 37 games and is only five points shy of his career-high point total of 23 from last season.
Michael Pelech (GRN) - Greenville's captain and leading scorer has gone without a point in the series and is scoreless in his last four games. The former Los Angeles Kings draft pick has 11 goals and 24 assists in 40 games this season. He has tabbed eight multi-point games this year, with his most recent multi-point effort coming on Dec. 21 against South Carolina.
Saturday is the ninth total meeting between the two teams this year and the final of five meetings at Hertz Arena. Florida has an 8-0-0-0 record against Greenville this season and a 51-31-15 all-time record against the Swamp Rabbits. Dating back to last season, Florida has earned 13 straight regular-season wins against Greenville. The 'Blades last loss was a 4-3 shootout setback at home on Feb. 2, 2018.
With this weekend's series, Florida and Greenville will have played each other in four of the last six weeks. In fact, the 10 games between the two teams this year are condensed into a two-month window. The 'Blades first faced Greenville on Dec. 7 and play the Swamp Rabbits for the final time in the regular season on Feb. 2.
On the Offensive
Florida has ranked as low as 20th in the ECHL in goals for per game this season but now sits atop the league in offensive output per game (3.86 gf/game). Since getting shutout on Nov. 16 at South Carolina, Florida has averaged 4.58 goals per game in its last 25 contests and has tabbed four or more goals 18 times in that stretch.
In addition to pacing the league in goals per game, the 'Blades also lead the league in goals allowed per game and have yielded an average of 2.46 goals per contest. Both of Florida's shutouts this season have come against Greenville. The Everblades have limited an opponent to two goals or fewer in 22 games and less than two goals in seven games.
When Florida has reached three goals in a game, success has followed. The 'Blades have yet to lose a game in regulation when they have found the back of the net three times, sporting a record of 25-0-4-0 in that scenario. With five or more goals in three straight games, Florida has now posted five or more goals in 12 of its 37 games.
Florida embarks on its only Western Conference road trip of the season next week as it travels to Rapid City, South Dakota, to face the Rush in a three-game set on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
Single-game tickets for all regular season home games are on sale now!
Ticket packages for the 2018-19 season are still on sale! Become part of the Everblades Family with a Partial Season or a Flexible Voucher Package that fits your schedule and budget! All Ticket & Voucher Packages provide savings and special benefits!
SPECIAL OFFER! Purchase a new ticket package for the 2018-19 season and receive a $20 gift card to Ford's Garage and an Everblades tote bag!
Private Arena Tours are also available to select your 2018-19 season seats! Call the Everblades office at 239-948-7825 to schedule your tour today!
Images from this story
Florida Everblades forward Kyle Platzer against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 12, 2019
- Cyclones Bounce Back to Split with Mavericks - Cincinnati Cyclones
- IceMen Lose a Goal-Heavy Game in Duluth - Jacksonville IceMen
- Grizzlies Win Streak Ends with 6-4 Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Record-Breakers Bligh and Nesbitt Lead Atlanta to Second Straight Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mavericks Shut out by Cyclones, 2-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Everblades Hop Away with Another High-Scoring Win in 10-4 Rout - Florida Everblades
- Florida Rides Insane Shooting Percentage, Beats Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Fuel Come up Short in Game One of Weekend Set with Nailers - Indy Fuel
- Beast Can't Complete Comeback and Fall in Overtime 4-3 - Brampton Beast
- Admirals Collect a Point, But Fall in Shootout 5-4 - Norfolk Admirals
- Ronning Rescues Mariners in Overtime - Maine Mariners
- Matt Schmalz Has Big Game for Railers in 4-1 Home Win over the Royals - Worcester Railers HC
- Nailers Triumphant on Nickelodeon Night - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Drop at Worcester, 4-1 - Reading Royals
- Shorthanded Thunder Stymied in 3-1 Loss to Growlers - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Beat Thunder 5-1, Win Fifth Straight Game - Newfoundland Growlers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - January 12 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals, January 12, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Preview: Everblades Eye Sweep of Swamp Rabbits in Homestand Finale - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kansas City - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Brodzinski, Donaghey Join Solar Bears in Norfolk - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers vs. Fuel Game Day Snap Shot, January 12 - Wheeling Nailers
- Series Continues Tonight in Wichita - Allen Americans
- Game Day: Royals Hit Halfway Mark of Season at Worcester - Reading Royals
- Carr Gets Shutout in 3-0 Utah Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Sink Walleye 4-3 in Shootout for Soldout Crowd - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder Closes Road Trip with Loss at Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Lohan's First Career Goal Stands up as Game-Winner in 4-2 Victory - Orlando Solar Bears
- Pochiro and Americans Rout Wichita 7-3 - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Everblades to Hold Annual Equipment Sale on June 2
- 'Blades Weekly: Stellar 21st Season Comes to a Close
- Everblades' Season Ends with Game 5 Loss to Growlers
- O'Brien's Hat Trick Pushes Growlers Past Everblades in Game 4
- Sheppard Returned from AHL's Charlotte Checkers