Cyclones Bounce Back to Split with Mavericks
Independence, MO - The Cincinnati Cyclones (24-7-3-3) shutout the Kansas City Mavericks, 2-0, on Saturday night. Defenseman Andrew DeBrincat and forward Jesse Schultz buried the goals for Cincinnati, while goaltender Michael Houser was a perfect 32-for-32 for his first shutout of the season.
After a scoreless opening period, Cincinnati got on the board midway through the second period while on the power play, when forward Vas Glotov slid a pass to DeBrincat at the bottom of the left circle and he scored to give the Cyclones a 1-0 lead.
The 1-0 lead held up throughout the remainder of the second, and in the third the Cyclones tacked on the all-important insurance goal at the 6:04 mark, when forward Myles Powell found Schultz in the left circle, and he smacked the puck into the back of the net to extend Cincinnati's lead to 2-0.
The teams exchanged quality scoring chances throughout the remainder of the third, however Houser remained perfect to preserve the Cyclones' 2-0 win. Kansas City outshot Cincinnati, 32-22 on the evening, while the Cyclones' penalty kill was a perfect 7-for-7.
Cincinnati continues their four-game road swing on Friday night in Kalamazoo against the Wings. Face-off is slated for 7:30pm ET.
The 2018-19 season is HERE, and the Cincinnati Cyclones want YOU along for the ride!Single game, Group, and Season Tickets are on sale NOW by calling (513) 421-PUCK! Stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 12, 2019
- Cyclones Bounce Back to Split with Mavericks - Cincinnati Cyclones
- IceMen Lose a Goal-Heavy Game in Duluth - Jacksonville IceMen
- Grizzlies Win Streak Ends with 6-4 Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Record-Breakers Bligh and Nesbitt Lead Atlanta to Second Straight Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mavericks Shut out by Cyclones, 2-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Everblades Hop Away with Another High-Scoring Win in 10-4 Rout - Florida Everblades
- Florida Rides Insane Shooting Percentage, Beats Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Fuel Come up Short in Game One of Weekend Set with Nailers - Indy Fuel
- Beast Can't Complete Comeback and Fall in Overtime 4-3 - Brampton Beast
- Admirals Collect a Point, But Fall in Shootout 5-4 - Norfolk Admirals
- Ronning Rescues Mariners in Overtime - Maine Mariners
- Matt Schmalz Has Big Game for Railers in 4-1 Home Win over the Royals - Worcester Railers HC
- Nailers Triumphant on Nickelodeon Night - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Drop at Worcester, 4-1 - Reading Royals
- Shorthanded Thunder Stymied in 3-1 Loss to Growlers - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Beat Thunder 5-1, Win Fifth Straight Game - Newfoundland Growlers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - January 12 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals, January 12, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Preview: Everblades Eye Sweep of Swamp Rabbits in Homestand Finale - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kansas City - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Brodzinski, Donaghey Join Solar Bears in Norfolk - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers vs. Fuel Game Day Snap Shot, January 12 - Wheeling Nailers
- Series Continues Tonight in Wichita - Allen Americans
- Game Day: Royals Hit Halfway Mark of Season at Worcester - Reading Royals
- Carr Gets Shutout in 3-0 Utah Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Sink Walleye 4-3 in Shootout for Soldout Crowd - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder Closes Road Trip with Loss at Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Lohan's First Career Goal Stands up as Game-Winner in 4-2 Victory - Orlando Solar Bears
- Pochiro and Americans Rout Wichita 7-3 - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.