Pochiro and Americans Rout Wichita 7-3
Allen, Texas - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild, beat the Wichita Thunder on Friday night at Allen Event Center by a score of 7 t0 3 to pickup their tenth win of the season (10-27-0-3).
Americans forward Zach Pochiro had a career-high four goals on Friday night, scoring on the power play and on a penalty shot in one of the single best performances in Allen Americans' history, joining Jack Combs and Dave Bonk in the four-goal night club in the Americans four-goal win.
"It's not about my four goals," said Pochiro. "It's about this team desperately needing a win against a team in front of us in the standings. We were flying out there tonight and CJ (Motte) made the big saves in front of us. We need to build on this win and take it into tomorrow night."
Riley Bourbonnais had a goal and an assist in the Allen victory. Bourbonnais set up Dante Salituro's shorthanded goal in the third period. Mitch Maloney had the other goal for Allen, his third of the season. The Americans knocked Wichita starter Stuart Skinner out of the game early in the second period. Skinner gave up three goals on 13 shots. Backup netminder Matt Hewitt gave up four goals on 25 shots.
The Americans went 1 for 3 on the power play, while Wichita was 0 for 2. The same two clubs do battle on Saturday night at 7:05 pm at Intrust Bank Arena.
1. ALN - Z. Pochiro
2. ALN - R. Bourbonnais
3. ALN - C. Motte
Americans Next Home Game:
Wednesday,January 30th vs. Idaho
Time: 7:05 pm CST
Venue: Allen Event Center
Images from this story
Allen Americans forward Zach Pochiro celebrates his fourth goal against the Wichita Thunder
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 12, 2019
- Cyclones Bounce Back to Split with Mavericks - Cincinnati Cyclones
- IceMen Lose a Goal-Heavy Game in Duluth - Jacksonville IceMen
- Grizzlies Win Streak Ends with 6-4 Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Record-Breakers Bligh and Nesbitt Lead Atlanta to Second Straight Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mavericks Shut out by Cyclones, 2-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Everblades Hop Away with Another High-Scoring Win in 10-4 Rout - Florida Everblades
- Florida Rides Insane Shooting Percentage, Beats Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Fuel Come up Short in Game One of Weekend Set with Nailers - Indy Fuel
- Beast Can't Complete Comeback and Fall in Overtime 4-3 - Brampton Beast
- Admirals Collect a Point, But Fall in Shootout 5-4 - Norfolk Admirals
- Ronning Rescues Mariners in Overtime - Maine Mariners
- Matt Schmalz Has Big Game for Railers in 4-1 Home Win over the Royals - Worcester Railers HC
- Nailers Triumphant on Nickelodeon Night - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Drop at Worcester, 4-1 - Reading Royals
- Shorthanded Thunder Stymied in 3-1 Loss to Growlers - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Beat Thunder 5-1, Win Fifth Straight Game - Newfoundland Growlers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - January 12 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals, January 12, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Preview: Everblades Eye Sweep of Swamp Rabbits in Homestand Finale - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kansas City - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Brodzinski, Donaghey Join Solar Bears in Norfolk - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers vs. Fuel Game Day Snap Shot, January 12 - Wheeling Nailers
- Series Continues Tonight in Wichita - Allen Americans
- Game Day: Royals Hit Halfway Mark of Season at Worcester - Reading Royals
- Carr Gets Shutout in 3-0 Utah Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Sink Walleye 4-3 in Shootout for Soldout Crowd - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder Closes Road Trip with Loss at Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Lohan's First Career Goal Stands up as Game-Winner in 4-2 Victory - Orlando Solar Bears
- Pochiro and Americans Rout Wichita 7-3 - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.