Florida Rides Insane Shooting Percentage, Beats Rabbits
ESTERO, Fla. - The Greenville Swamp Rabbits forced a 1-1 tie in the middle of the first period, but could not withstand a shooting performance for the ages by their opponent, the Florida Everblades. The 'Blades shot 10-for-30 in a 10-4 rout of the Swamp Rabbits on Saturday night at Hertz Arena.
Florida outscored Greenville 3-1 in both the first and second periods, and 4-2 in the third. Brendan Harms pulled the Swamp Rabbits even 1-1 on a point shot from Adam Larkin, but two backbreaking goals late in the first period proved costly.
Justin Auger struck twice in the first, and Tommy Thompson scored with 0.6 seconds left in the first to send the 'Blades to the room up 3-1 after the first period.
Kyle Platzer followed up Nate Perkovich's goal with a hat trick, three consecutive goals, to further extend the lead. Logan Roe, Brian Morgan and Patrick McCarron capped the scoring for Florida in the third period.
The Swamp Rabbits got three-point performances from Harms, Michael Pelech and Austen Brassard, a line reassembled and one that generated consistent offense for Greenville throughout the night.
Images from this story
Greenville Swamp Rabbits goaltender Garrett Bartus and his defense try to stop the Florida Everblades
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 12, 2019
- Cyclones Bounce Back to Split with Mavericks - Cincinnati Cyclones
- IceMen Lose a Goal-Heavy Game in Duluth - Jacksonville IceMen
- Grizzlies Win Streak Ends with 6-4 Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Record-Breakers Bligh and Nesbitt Lead Atlanta to Second Straight Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mavericks Shut out by Cyclones, 2-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Everblades Hop Away with Another High-Scoring Win in 10-4 Rout - Florida Everblades
- Florida Rides Insane Shooting Percentage, Beats Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Fuel Come up Short in Game One of Weekend Set with Nailers - Indy Fuel
- Beast Can't Complete Comeback and Fall in Overtime 4-3 - Brampton Beast
- Admirals Collect a Point, But Fall in Shootout 5-4 - Norfolk Admirals
- Ronning Rescues Mariners in Overtime - Maine Mariners
- Matt Schmalz Has Big Game for Railers in 4-1 Home Win over the Royals - Worcester Railers HC
- Nailers Triumphant on Nickelodeon Night - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Drop at Worcester, 4-1 - Reading Royals
- Shorthanded Thunder Stymied in 3-1 Loss to Growlers - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Beat Thunder 5-1, Win Fifth Straight Game - Newfoundland Growlers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - January 12 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals, January 12, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Preview: Everblades Eye Sweep of Swamp Rabbits in Homestand Finale - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kansas City - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Brodzinski, Donaghey Join Solar Bears in Norfolk - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers vs. Fuel Game Day Snap Shot, January 12 - Wheeling Nailers
- Series Continues Tonight in Wichita - Allen Americans
- Game Day: Royals Hit Halfway Mark of Season at Worcester - Reading Royals
- Carr Gets Shutout in 3-0 Utah Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Sink Walleye 4-3 in Shootout for Soldout Crowd - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder Closes Road Trip with Loss at Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Lohan's First Career Goal Stands up as Game-Winner in 4-2 Victory - Orlando Solar Bears
- Pochiro and Americans Rout Wichita 7-3 - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greenville Swamp Rabbits Stories
- Stanley Cup Watch Party at Stone Pizza Next Wednesday
- Kamerin Nault Called up by Manitoba Moose
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly
- Swamp Rabbits Fall in Finale
- Swamp Rabbits Torpedo Admirals