Steelheads Acquire Forward Marc-Olivier Roy from Fort Wayne
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads, proud ECHL affiliate of the Dallas Stars, have acquired the ECHL rights to forward Marc-Olivier "Marco" Roy from the Fort Wayne Komets to complete the future considerations portion of the trade in October that brought Jeff King to Idaho for the rights to Justin Kea, Steelheads Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Neil Graham announced Thursday.
Roy, 24, played 29 games with the Komets in 2018-19, tallying 12 goals and 14 assists for 26 points with two power play goals while also earning points in 20 of those 29 games. The Boisbriand, Que. native also appeared in 22 games with the Chicago Wolves (AHL) and Laval Rocket (AHL) with two points, and he has made AHL stints in all four professional years of his career. In 89 career ECHL games between Fort Wayne, Alaska and Norfolk, he owns 31 goals and 50 assists for 81 points with eight power play goals since making his ECHL debut on Oct. 16, 2015.
"We are extremely excited to announce the acquisition of Marco Roy," said Graham. "He has all the attributes we look for in our players. He will add speed, skill and leadership to our team and expect him to be a big part of our offense."
Prior to his professional career, the 6-foot, 183-pound forward played five seasons in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL), totaling 86 goals and 106 assists for 192 points through 229 games between Quebec, Blainville-Boisbriand and Montreal. Roy was selected 56th overall (2nd Round) by the Edmonton Oilers in the 2013 NHL Draft.
The Steelheads return to CenturyLink Arena on Friday, Oct. 17 for the 2019-20 home opener against the Wichita Thunder. Season tickets and flex plans for the 2019-20 season are now available! Call the Steelheads Front Office at 208-383-0080 to plan your seats for next season. Stay connected to the Steelheads throughout the summer on idahosteelheads.com or by following the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 13, 2019
- Admirals Acquire Charlie O'connor from Toledo - Norfolk Admirals
- Icemen Bolster Forwards Unit with the Addition of Pohlkamp & Reichert - Jacksonville IceMen
- Swamp Rabbits Release 2019-2020 Schedule - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears Gain Ryan Obuchowski in Trade with Toledo - Orlando Solar Bears
- Walleye Complete Trades - Toledo Walleye
- Royals Finalize Pair of Future Considerations Trades - Reading Royals
- Adirondack Deals Reichert to Jacksonville - Adirondack Thunder
- Solar Bears Announce 2019-20 Schedule - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavericks Announce Full 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Kansas City Mavericks
- Royals' 2019-20 Schedule Announced - Reading Royals
- Steelheads Release 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Idaho Steelheads
- Worcester Railers HC Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Worcester Railers HC
- Fuel Release 2019-20 Full Schedule - Indy Fuel
- Americans Announce 2019-2020 Schedule - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Release Full 2019-2020 Schedule - Utah Grizzlies
- Oilers Reveal Full 2019-20 Schedule - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Wheeling Nailers
- Komets Announce 2019-20 Schedule - Fort Wayne Komets
- Thunder Release Full Schedule for 2019-20 Season - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Releases 2019-20 Schedule - ECHL
- Mariners Announce Full 2019-20 Schedule - Maine Mariners
- Cyclones Announce 2019-2020 Season Schedule - Cincinnati Cyclones
- 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule Announced - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Unveils Full Schedule for 2019-20 Season - South Carolina Stingrays
- Steelheads Acquire Forward Marc-Olivier Roy from Fort Wayne - Idaho Steelheads
- Oilers Complete Two Future Considerations Trades - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears to Host Equipment Sale on Saturday, June 15 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Growlers Sign John Snowden to Multi-Year Agreement - Newfoundland Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.