Railers Blank Oilers 1-0
TULSA, OK - A 47-save shutout from Evan Buitenhuis spoiled the Tulsa Oilers' attempt at a win on Pink in the Rink Night at the BOK Center, as the Worcester Railers (23-20-8) beat the Oilers (29-18-6) 1-0 in the first-ever meeting between the teams.
The teams combined for 27 shots in the opening period, as Tulsa held a slight 14-13 advantage. The Railers struck first when Tyler Barnes lifted a backhander past Oilers goaltender Ian Keserich. Both teams were unsuccessful on a single power play opportunity, as Worcester held the 1-0 lead into the first break.
Buitenhuis stood tall in the second period, as he faced a flurry of Oilers shots and carried a 32-save shutout into the third. Keserich faced only six Railers shots in the frame, and stopped them all, as the Oilers continued to chase a 1-0 deficit into the final stanza.
The Railers goaltender stopped 15 more shots to complete his shutout in the third period, while Keserich faced only ten Worcester shots in the final 40 minutes.
The two teams face-off one more time Sunday afternoon at 4:05pm on the York Plumbing Ice at the BOK Center. A postgame skate will follow, where fans can rent skates and hang out with the Oilers players on the ice.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 16, 2019
- Steelheads Force Overtime, Fall 3-2 to Rapid City - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavs Pick up Road Win in Shutout of Utah, 3-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fuel Snap Losing Skid with Shutout Victory in Wichita - Indy Fuel
- Surge in Third Period Not Enough in 4-3 Setback to Manchester - Florida Everblades
- Royals Smack Allen, 5-3 - Reading Royals
- Five-Goal First Leads Cyclones to Two-Game Sweep of Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fuel Blank Thunder in Front of 7,000-Plus - Wichita Thunder
- Boots Makes 47 Saves in 1-0 Road Win in Tulsa - Worcester Railers HC
- Railers Blank Oilers 1-0 - Tulsa Oilers
- Clark's Third Period Strike Lifts IceMen over Rays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Hold off Admirals for 4-2 Victory - Norfolk Admirals
- Four Unanswered Put K-Wings Past Thunder 4-1 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Win Streak Snapped with 4-1 Loss to Kalamazoo - Adirondack Thunder
- Marcoux Helps Brampton to Weekend Split - Wheeling Nailers
- Monarchs Pour on Four Second-Period Goals in 4-3 Win - Manchester Monarchs
- Mariners Win Fourth in a Row, Sweep Admirals in Norfolk - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Announces Fines - ECHL
- Everblades Close out Homestand with Series Finale against Manchester - Florida Everblades
- Blue Jackets Send Netminder Kivlenieks to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - February 16 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Mariners at Admirals, February 16, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers vs. Beast Game Day Snap Shot, February 16 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day: Royals at Allen Looking for Fourth Series Win - Reading Royals
- Game Day: K-Wings Welcome Thunder to Town on Stranger Wings Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Americans Third Period Meltdown Leads to Worcester Victory - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Hold off Rush in 2-1 Win for Sellout Crowd - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 4-3 Overtime Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Win 4-3 on Gage Ausmus Overtime Game Winner - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.