Monarchs Pour on Four Second-Period Goals in 4-3 Win
ESTERO, Fla. - The Manchester Monarchs snapped a three-game losing streak with a dominant second period over the Florida Everblades in a 4-3 win, Saturday night.
The Monarchs (27-23-1-1) battled back from a 2-0 deficit against the Everblades (35-12-5-0) and came away with a 4-3 victory.
The Everblades started the scoring at 14:52 of the first period on the 24th goal of the season by Joe Cox. Michael Neville sent a pass from beneath the goal line to Cox in the high-slot, where he one-timed a shot, past the glove of Monarchs goaltender, Cole Kehler, making to score, 1-0.
Florida extended their lead at 19:47 of the first period on the third goal of the season by Patrick Bajkov. Bajkov flicked a wrist shot from the right circle, past the glove of Kehler to make the score, 2-0.
Manchester cut the lead in half at 11:33 of the second period on the seventh goal of the season by Daniil Miromanov. Miromanov broke into the offensive zone on the right wing, where he sent a wrist shot, past the blocker of Florida goaltender, Jeremy Helvig, to make the score, 2-1.
The Monarchs evened the score at 16:24 of the second period on the 22nd goal of the season by Nic Pierog. Austin Block sent a cross-ice pass to Pierog in the left circle, where he one-timed a shot, past the reach of Helvig to make the score, 2-2.
Just eight seconds later, the Monarchs took their first lead of the game at 16:32 of the second period on the sixth goal of the season by Drake Rymsha. Rymsha skated in on a breakaway and slid a shot through the legs of Helvig, to give the Monarchs a 3-2 lead.
The Monarchs extended their lead at 19:55 of the second period, on the power play, with a shot from the right circle by Tony Cameranesi, scoring his 16th goal of the season and making the score, 4-2.
The Everblades made it a one-goal game at 3:03 of the third period on the 23rd goal of the season by John McCarron. McCarron wrapped around the back of the Monarchs net and slipped the puck under the reach of Kehler, to make the score, 4-3.
The Monarchs return to action Sunday, February 17 at 1:30 p.m., when they take on the Orlando Solar Bears at the Amway Center. For tickets, Season Memberships and group tickets, please contact the Monarchs front office at 603-626-7825.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 16, 2019
- Steelheads Force Overtime, Fall 3-2 to Rapid City - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavs Pick up Road Win in Shutout of Utah, 3-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fuel Snap Losing Skid with Shutout Victory in Wichita - Indy Fuel
- Surge in Third Period Not Enough in 4-3 Setback to Manchester - Florida Everblades
- Royals Smack Allen, 5-3 - Reading Royals
- Five-Goal First Leads Cyclones to Two-Game Sweep of Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fuel Blank Thunder in Front of 7,000-Plus - Wichita Thunder
- Boots Makes 47 Saves in 1-0 Road Win in Tulsa - Worcester Railers HC
- Railers Blank Oilers 1-0 - Tulsa Oilers
- Clark's Third Period Strike Lifts IceMen over Rays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Hold off Admirals for 4-2 Victory - Norfolk Admirals
- Four Unanswered Put K-Wings Past Thunder 4-1 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Win Streak Snapped with 4-1 Loss to Kalamazoo - Adirondack Thunder
- Marcoux Helps Brampton to Weekend Split - Wheeling Nailers
- Monarchs Pour on Four Second-Period Goals in 4-3 Win - Manchester Monarchs
- Mariners Win Fourth in a Row, Sweep Admirals in Norfolk - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Announces Fines - ECHL
- Everblades Close out Homestand with Series Finale against Manchester - Florida Everblades
- Blue Jackets Send Netminder Kivlenieks to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - February 16 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Mariners at Admirals, February 16, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers vs. Beast Game Day Snap Shot, February 16 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day: Royals at Allen Looking for Fourth Series Win - Reading Royals
- Game Day: K-Wings Welcome Thunder to Town on Stranger Wings Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Americans Third Period Meltdown Leads to Worcester Victory - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Hold off Rush in 2-1 Win for Sellout Crowd - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 4-3 Overtime Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Win 4-3 on Gage Ausmus Overtime Game Winner - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Manchester Monarchs Stories
- Manchester Monarchs Care Foundation Donates $7,500 to Elliot Hospital
- Monarchs Rack up Seven Goals on Railers in 7-4 Win
- Railers Gain Two Points on the Monarchs in 5-2 Victory
- Monarchs Care Foundation Donates $5,000 to CMC Breast Care Center
- Monarchs Comeback against Admirals with 3-2 Overtime Victory