Steelheads Force Overtime, Fall 3-2 to Rapid City
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads (31-17-4) pressed to earn one point but the Rapid City Rush (21-25-8) take the 3-2 overtime win on Saturday night from CenturyLink Arena in front of a crowd of 5,209 fans, the 10th sellout of the season and second-straight on the weekend.
The Rush earned the opening two goals of the contest starting at 12:31 of the first period with a shot by forward Michael Turner that knuckled off a Steelheads skate to take the 1-0 lead. On the power play at 18:05, Rush forward Darby Llewellyn slipped a shot through a screen to double the lead, 2-0.
In the second period, the Steelheads made their push. At 9:20, Steelheads forward Alex Dahl ripped a shot from the high slot to sneak the puck under the crossbar and cut the lead in half, 2-1. Steelheads forward Elgin Pearce worked to push play through the Rush defense and by the netminder at 12:59, tying the game at 2-2.
After level play and acrobatic saves, the game went to overtime where Rush forward Tyler Poulsen slotted the game-winning tally at 2:13, giving the Rush the 3-2 overtime win.
Rush goaltender Adam Carlson (14-13-5) halted 34 of 36 shots in the win, while Steelheads netminder Ryan Faragher (7-4-2) turned away 38 of 41 shots in the overtime loss.
The Steelheads open a three-game weekend against the Tulsa Oilers on Wednesday, Feb. 20 at 7:10 p.m. from CenturyLink Arena. Tickets are available by calling the Steelheads at 208-383-0080 or going online to idahosteelheads.com. Coverage begins at 6:50 p.m. on 1350AM KTIK and at 7:00 p.m. on CableOne Channel 72 and ECHL.TV.
Single-game tickets and season ticket packages are on sale, with full-season packages starting as low as $300 per seat. Contact the Idaho Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information or log on to idahosteelheads.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 16, 2019
- Steelheads Force Overtime, Fall 3-2 to Rapid City - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavs Pick up Road Win in Shutout of Utah, 3-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fuel Snap Losing Skid with Shutout Victory in Wichita - Indy Fuel
- Surge in Third Period Not Enough in 4-3 Setback to Manchester - Florida Everblades
- Royals Smack Allen, 5-3 - Reading Royals
- Five-Goal First Leads Cyclones to Two-Game Sweep of Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fuel Blank Thunder in Front of 7,000-Plus - Wichita Thunder
- Boots Makes 47 Saves in 1-0 Road Win in Tulsa - Worcester Railers HC
- Railers Blank Oilers 1-0 - Tulsa Oilers
- Clark's Third Period Strike Lifts IceMen over Rays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Hold off Admirals for 4-2 Victory - Norfolk Admirals
- Four Unanswered Put K-Wings Past Thunder 4-1 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Win Streak Snapped with 4-1 Loss to Kalamazoo - Adirondack Thunder
- Marcoux Helps Brampton to Weekend Split - Wheeling Nailers
- Monarchs Pour on Four Second-Period Goals in 4-3 Win - Manchester Monarchs
- Mariners Win Fourth in a Row, Sweep Admirals in Norfolk - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Announces Fines - ECHL
- Everblades Close out Homestand with Series Finale against Manchester - Florida Everblades
- Blue Jackets Send Netminder Kivlenieks to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - February 16 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Mariners at Admirals, February 16, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers vs. Beast Game Day Snap Shot, February 16 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day: Royals at Allen Looking for Fourth Series Win - Reading Royals
- Game Day: K-Wings Welcome Thunder to Town on Stranger Wings Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Americans Third Period Meltdown Leads to Worcester Victory - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Hold off Rush in 2-1 Win for Sellout Crowd - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 4-3 Overtime Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Win 4-3 on Gage Ausmus Overtime Game Winner - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Tomas Sholl Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week
- Defenseman Ondrej Vala Returns to Steelheads from Texas
- Steelheads Weekly - October 21, 2019
- Steelheads Net Four-Unanswered, Stay Unbeaten in 5-2 Win over Thunder
- Steelheads Sell out Home Opener, Start with 2-1 OT Win over Thunder