Phantoms Host Bruins in 2019-20 Home Opener
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - Black and Orange vs. Black and Yellow!
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms, proud AHL Affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, are pleased to announce that the team will open the 2019-20 season of hockey inside of PPL Center on Saturday, October 5, 2019 against the Providence Bruins.
Opening Night is the exciting end to a summer-long countdown when the puck finally drops for a new season and fans will get their first chance to show the new members of the Phantoms the passion Lehigh Valley has for hockey, and why every home opener in PPL Center history has been a sellout. Opening Night will also feature a Rally Towel Giveaway to the first 6,500 fans in attendance to waive in celebration as they welcome hockey back.
Lehigh Valley's Home Opener will be one of three head-to-head meetings against Providence in downtown Allentown this season and one of six total showdowns between the two Atlantic Division clubs. During the 2018-19 season, the Phantoms split the season series, going 3-3 against the Bruins, but finished with a 4-3 victory in the second-to-last game of the season as part of a five-game win streak to end the year.
The only way to secure your seats today for the Phantoms home opener is through a Phantoms season ticket package. Those packages, which are on sale now, come in a wide variety of options including full-season, 21-game and 13-game plans that all have amazing benefits. In addition, group tickets for the home opener will go on sale Monday, July 15 but you can call now to receive priority access. For more information about season tickets, or to purchase, call the Phantoms Ticket Office at 610-224-GOAL (4625). Tickets for Opening Night will go on sale to the general public at a later date.
Hockey returns to the Lehigh Valley with the fifth annual NHL game at PPL Center on September 11, 2019, as the Philadelphia Flyers Rookies take on the New York Islanders Rookies. Tickets for the event are on sale now and are just $10!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 9, 2019
- Colorado to Face Stockton to Open 2019-20 Regular Season - Colorado Eagles
- Thunderbirds Sign D Will Lochead to One-Year, One-Way AHL Deal - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sabres Acquire Jokiharju from Blackhawks - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Host Bruins in 2019-20 Home Opener - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Stars Sign Defenseman Dillon Heatherington to One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Texas Stars
- IceHogs Open Home Schedule vs. Griffins, $5 Opening Night Tickets - Rockford IceHogs
- Canucks Sign Boucher, Rafferty, & Teves - Utica Comets
- Marlies Announce 2019-20 Home Opener - Toronto Marlies
- American Hockey League Announces 2019-20 Home Openers - AHL
- Admirals Host Laval in Home Opener October 12 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins Host 2019-20 Home Opener on October 12 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Devils to Host Utica Comets in 2019-20 Home Opener - Binghamton Devils
- Condors Announce 2019-20 Home Opener - Bakersfield Condors
- Senators Announce Opening Night Presented by CAA - Belleville Senators
- Chicago Wolves Reveal Opponent for 2019-20 Home Opener - Chicago Wolves
- Iowa Wild Announces 2019-20 Home Opener - Iowa Wild
- Sound Tigers to Face Penguins in Home Opener - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- San Diego Gulls Announce 2019-20 Home Opener - San Diego Gulls
- Bears to Host Penguins in Home Opener on October 5 - Hershey Bears
- Ontario Reign 2019-20 Home Opener on October 4 - Ontario Reign
- Stars to Host Roadrunners for Home Opener - Texas Stars
- Rampage Announce Date for 2019-20 Home Opener - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Will Open 64th AHL Season at Home on Friday, October 4 against Syracuse - Rochester Americans
- Thunderbirds to Open 2019-20 Season on Saturday, October 5 vs. Bridgeport - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Admirals Sign Three to AHL Deals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Marlies Re-Sign Three Players - Toronto Marlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- PPL Center Selected to Host NCAA DI Men's Ice Hockey Regionals in 2022, 2023, and 2025
- Phantoms Sign D Logan Day to a One-Year Deal
- Flyers Sign Alex Lyon to a One-Year Contract Extension
- Flyers Sign Nicolas Aube-Kubel to a Two-Year Contract Extension
- Phantoms Sign Two Forwards to AHL Contracts