Marlies Re-Sign Three Players
The Toronto Marlies announced today that the hockey club has re-signed forwards Giorgio Estephan and Tanner MacMaster as well as defenceman Alex Gudbranson.
Estephan, 22, collected 53 points (20 goals, 33 assists) through 69 games this past season while appearing in three games with the Marlies and picking up one assist. In 23 playoffs games, the Edmonton native was second on the Newfoundland Growlers in points (9-15-24), capturing the Kelly Cup championship. He was a member of the WHL Championship with Swift Current in 2018. Estephan was drafted 152nd overall in the sixth round of the 2015 NHL Entry Draft by the Buffalo Sabres.
MacMaster, 23, split the 2018-19 season between the Utica Comets and the Marlies, recording 17 points (4 goals, 13 assists) through 55 games. The Calgary native played 150 games with Quinnipac University (NCAA), collecting 150 points (30 goals, 54 assists) and capturing the NCAA (ECAC) Championship in 2016.
Gudbranson, 24, served as alternate captain for the Kelly Cup champion's Newfoundland Growlers, picking up 10 points (2 goals, 8 assists) through 55 regular season games. He played in three games through the 2017-18 season with the Marlies while recording 15 points (4 goals, 11 assists) in 40 regular season games for Orlando (ECHL). The Orleans, Ontario native previously played for the Quad City Mallards (ECHL), registering 37 points (9 goals, 28 assists) through 117 games over two seasons.
The Toronto Marlies are the primary development program for the Toronto Maple Leafs. The Toronto Maple Leafs roster at the end of their regular season featured 12 players who were developed with the Marlies (Travis Dermott, Jake Gardiner, Frederik Gauthier, Justin Holl, Zach Hyman, Andreas Johnsson, Kasperi Kapanen, Martin Marincin, Trevor Moore, William Nylander, Morgan Rielly and Garret Sparks).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 9, 2019
- Colorado to Face Stockton to Open 2019-20 Regular Season - Colorado Eagles
- Thunderbirds Sign D Will Lochead to One-Year, One-Way AHL Deal - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sabres Acquire Jokiharju from Blackhawks - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Host Bruins in 2019-20 Home Opener - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Stars Sign Defenseman Dillon Heatherington to One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Texas Stars
- IceHogs Open Home Schedule vs. Griffins, $5 Opening Night Tickets - Rockford IceHogs
- Canucks Sign Boucher, Rafferty, & Teves - Utica Comets
- Marlies Announce 2019-20 Home Opener - Toronto Marlies
- American Hockey League Announces 2019-20 Home Openers - AHL
- Admirals Host Laval in Home Opener October 12 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins Host 2019-20 Home Opener on October 12 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Devils to Host Utica Comets in 2019-20 Home Opener - Binghamton Devils
- Condors Announce 2019-20 Home Opener - Bakersfield Condors
- Senators Announce Opening Night Presented by CAA - Belleville Senators
- Chicago Wolves Reveal Opponent for 2019-20 Home Opener - Chicago Wolves
- Iowa Wild Announces 2019-20 Home Opener - Iowa Wild
- Sound Tigers to Face Penguins in Home Opener - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- San Diego Gulls Announce 2019-20 Home Opener - San Diego Gulls
- Bears to Host Penguins in Home Opener on October 5 - Hershey Bears
- Ontario Reign 2019-20 Home Opener on October 4 - Ontario Reign
- Stars to Host Roadrunners for Home Opener - Texas Stars
- Rampage Announce Date for 2019-20 Home Opener - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Will Open 64th AHL Season at Home on Friday, October 4 against Syracuse - Rochester Americans
- Thunderbirds to Open 2019-20 Season on Saturday, October 5 vs. Bridgeport - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Admirals Sign Three to AHL Deals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Marlies Re-Sign Three Players - Toronto Marlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.