Canucks Sign Boucher, Rafferty, & Teves
Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has signed forward Reid Boucher to a one-year, two-way deal and defensemen Brogan Rafferty and Josh Teves each to two-year, two-way contracts.
Boucher, 25, recorded 62 points (31-31-62) in 56 games played, leading the Utica Comets in scoring last season. In 133 career NHL games with Vancouver, Nashville and New Jersey, the Lansing, Michigan native has produced 20 goals, 22 assists (20-22-42) and 18 penalty minutes.
The 5'10", 195-pound forward was named Comets MVP for the 2018-19 season and participated in the 2019 AHL All-Star Classic. Boucher was acquired by the Canucks from waivers on January 4, 2017 and selected 99th overall by New Jersey in the 2011 NHL Draft.
Rafferty, 24, made his professional debut with Vancouver on Apr. 4, 2019 at Nashville. He signed an entry-level contract with Vancouver on Apr. 1, 2019.
In 2018-19, Rafferty appeared in 38 games for Quinnipiac University and collected 24 points (4-20-24). The 6'0", 195-pound defenseman ranked 7th on the Bobcats, and third among defensemen in scoring. In three seasons with Quinnipiac, Rafferty accumulated 60 points (9-51-60) in 108 games.
In 2017-18, the Dundee, Illinois native scored 12 points (3-9-12) in 30 games. One year prior, as a freshman, Rafferty was named to the ECAC Hockey All-Academic Team after leading Quinnipiac with 22 assists. In 2016.17, he became the fifth freshman in Quinnipiac's NCAA Division 1 history to lead the team in assists.
Teves, 24, made his professional debut with Vancouver on Mar. 26, 2019 vs. Anaheim. He signed an entry-level contract with Vancouver on Mar. 12, 2019.
In 2018-19, Teves led all Princeton Tigers defensemen in scoring with 20 points (3-17-20) in 30 games. The 6'0", 180-pound defenseman also ranked third on the team in shots on goal (74) and power play assists (10). In 2017-18, Teves finished the season with 33 points (7-26-33) in 31 games, which led all NCAA blue-liners in points per game (1.06) and assists per game (0.79). In four seasons at Princeton (2015-2019), Teves registered 85 points (16-69-85) in 126 games.
Prior to his collegiate career, the Calgary, Alberta native played one season for the BCHL Merritt Centennials, registering 33 points (5-28-33) in 57 games.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 9, 2019
- Colorado to Face Stockton to Open 2019-20 Regular Season - Colorado Eagles
- Thunderbirds Sign D Will Lochead to One-Year, One-Way AHL Deal - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sabres Acquire Jokiharju from Blackhawks - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Host Bruins in 2019-20 Home Opener - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Stars Sign Defenseman Dillon Heatherington to One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Texas Stars
- IceHogs Open Home Schedule vs. Griffins, $5 Opening Night Tickets - Rockford IceHogs
- Canucks Sign Boucher, Rafferty, & Teves - Utica Comets
- Marlies Announce 2019-20 Home Opener - Toronto Marlies
- American Hockey League Announces 2019-20 Home Openers - AHL
- Admirals Host Laval in Home Opener October 12 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins Host 2019-20 Home Opener on October 12 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Devils to Host Utica Comets in 2019-20 Home Opener - Binghamton Devils
- Condors Announce 2019-20 Home Opener - Bakersfield Condors
- Senators Announce Opening Night Presented by CAA - Belleville Senators
- Chicago Wolves Reveal Opponent for 2019-20 Home Opener - Chicago Wolves
- Iowa Wild Announces 2019-20 Home Opener - Iowa Wild
- Sound Tigers to Face Penguins in Home Opener - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- San Diego Gulls Announce 2019-20 Home Opener - San Diego Gulls
- Bears to Host Penguins in Home Opener on October 5 - Hershey Bears
- Ontario Reign 2019-20 Home Opener on October 4 - Ontario Reign
- Stars to Host Roadrunners for Home Opener - Texas Stars
- Rampage Announce Date for 2019-20 Home Opener - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Will Open 64th AHL Season at Home on Friday, October 4 against Syracuse - Rochester Americans
- Thunderbirds to Open 2019-20 Season on Saturday, October 5 vs. Bridgeport - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Admirals Sign Three to AHL Deals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Marlies Re-Sign Three Players - Toronto Marlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Utica Comets Stories
- Canucks Sign Center Jayce Hawryluk to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract
- Canucks Sign Goaltender Jake Kielly to a One-Year, Two Way Contract
- Adirondack Bank Center Selected to Host D-III Men's Hockey Championship
- Canucks Sign Ashton Sautner
- Boucher, Rafferty Earn League Honors