Penguins Look to Stay Hot Through STAR WARS Night, Kids Free Sunday
Friday, Mar. 17 - PENGUINS 5 vs. Rochester 4 (SO)
Down 3-0 in the first period, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton rallied for four-straight goals and then emerged victorious in a shootout. Peter DiLiberatore and Justin Addamo scored 19 seconds apart in the third period to give the Pens their first lead of the night.
Saturday, Mar. 18 - PENGUINS 3 at Syracuse 4 (OT)
A fiery, back-and-forth game between the Penguins and the Crunch featured 30 combined penalty minutes in the second period alone. Filip Hållander notched the game-tying goal in his return from injury. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's penalty kill clamped down with a perfect six-for-six showing, but Syracuse won with 28.5 seconds remaining in overtime.
Sunday, Mar. 19 - PENGUINS 5 at Lehigh Valley 2
Down three defensemen from the start of the weekend, the Penguins strapped on their work boots and delivered a clutch victory over a well-rested Phantoms side. Drake Caggiula (2G-1A) and Jonathan Gruden (1G-2A) led Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's offense, while Dustin Tokarski dazzled with 36 saves. Addamo also found the net for the third-straight game, while Tyler Sikura established a season-high four-game point streak.
The Week Ahead
Saturday, Mar. 25 - PENGUINS vs. Lehigh Valley
The Turnpike Rivalry switches north as the Penguins host the Phantoms for STAR WARS Night. There has been balance in the Force during the season series, with both the Pens and Phantoms picking up five wins in their previous 10 meetings.
Sunday, Mar. 26 - PENGUINS vs. Hartford
The Penguins wrap up the weekend with a Kids Free Sunday presented by Knoebels. Kids age 14 and under get into the game free of charge with a paid adult ticket. Kids will also receive a $5 ride book to Knoebels.
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton went 5-0-1-0 during its three-in-threes this season, picking up 11 out of 12 possible points.
- The Penguins' home penalty kill ranks first in the Eastern Conference and fourth overall at 85.2%.
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton has successfully staved off 23-straight penalty kills, going back to Mar. 5.
- Justin Addamo scored in each of the Penguins' games over its three-in-three weekend. The last Penguins player to tally in each game of a three-in-three was Daniel Sprong (Oct. 13-15, 2017.)
- Tyler Sikura established a new career-high with 22 assists.
TEAM GP W L OTL SOL PTS Pts%
1. Providence 61 37 14 8 2 84 .689
2. Hershey 60 37 16 5 2 81 .675
3. Charlotte 61 35 20 3 3 76 .623
4. Springfield 61 32 22 2 5 71 .582
5. Lehigh Valley 62 31 25 3 3 68 .548
6. Bridgeport 61 28 25 7 1 64 .525
7. Hartford 61 26 24 4 7 63 .516
8. PENGUINS 61 25 26 5 5 60 .492
SKATERS GP G A PTS
Alex Nylander^ 54 25 25 50
Valtteri Puustinen 61 21 28 49
Drake Caggiula 55 17 28 45
Filip Hållander 40 11 22 33
Tyler Sikura 60 8 22 30
GOALIES GP W-L-OT GAA SV% Shutouts
Dustin Tokarski 29 12-11-5 2.47 .917 1
Taylor Gauthier* 17 7-3-4 2.65 .910 0
Filip Lindberg* 19 6-11-1 3.13 .896 0
* = rookie
^ = currently with Pittsburgh
UPCOMING GAME SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME
Sat, Mar. 25 Lehigh Valley Mohegan Sun Arena 6:05 p.m.
Sun, Mar. 26 Hartford Mohegan Sun Arena 5:05 p.m.
Fri, Mar. 17 (D) Mark Friedman Recalled to PIT
Mon, Mar. 20 (D) Taylor Fedun Recalled to PIT
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2023
- Kinkaid Posts 21-Save Shutout in Colorado's 8-0 Win Over San Jose - Colorado Eagles
- Stars Hold Off Firebirds In Cedar Park - Texas Stars
- San Diego Gulls Recognize World Down Syndrome Day - San Diego Gulls
- Amerks Force Overtime, Fall to Crunch in Shootout - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Top Amerks, 3-2, in Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Reign Sign Defenseman Cole Krygier to ATO - Ontario Reign
- Abbotsford Canucks Vs Bakersfield Condors Game Preview - Abbotsford Canucks
- Ontario Reign Sign Defenseman Cole Krygier to ATO - Ontario Reign
- Admirals Get Two from Predators - Milwaukee Admirals
- It's Crunch Time for the Wranglers - Calgary Wranglers
- Bears Visit Empire State, Host Phantoms - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Sign Jagger Joshua to AHL Contract - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Defenseman Max Crozier to Entry-Level Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Henderson Silver Knights Announce Partnership with Franklin Group - Henderson Silver Knights
- Bruins Buzz - March 21 - Providence Bruins
- Barracuda Sign Nathan Burke to ATO - San Jose Barracuda
- Griffins Continue Busy Stretch against Chicago, Iowa - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Ink Forward Brett Berard to ATO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 'Birds Broadcast, Granted - Coachella Valley Firebirds
- Monsters Introduce a New, Unique Fan Experience: the Modelo Fanboni - Cleveland Monsters
- Bridgeport Islanders Sign Krygier, Pivonka to Amateur Tryout Agreements - Bridgeport Islanders
- Condors Take on Abbotsford at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Penguins Look to Stay Hot Through STAR WARS Night, Kids Free Sunday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild at San Diego Gulls - Iowa Wild
- Top Hockey Prospects in United States Come to Utica this Week - Utica Comets
- Matt Luff Recalled by Red Wings - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Recalls Poirier and Loans Murray to Texas - Texas Stars
- Game #61 - Ontario Reign at Tucson Roadrunners - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.