Penguins Sign Jagger Joshua to AHL Contract
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that they have signed forward Jagger Joshua to a two-year American Hockey League contract starting in the 2023-24 season. Joshua will join the Penguins immediately on an amateur tryout agreement.
Joshua, 23, just wrapped up a four-year collegiate hockey career at Michigan State University. Joshua set career-highs across the board for the Spartans this season, amassing 13 goals, 11 assists, 24 points and 92 penalty minutes in 37 games. His 13 goals also led the team, while his 24 points ranked fourth on the club.
The younger brother of Vancouver Canucks forward Dakota Joshua, Jagger produced 21 goals and 23 assists for 44 points in 135 career games at Michigan State.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's next game is Saturday, Mar. 25 against the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. Saturday's game is also the Penguins' annual STAR WARS NIGHT, as well as Boy Scout Night presented by Moritz Embroidery Works. Puck drop for the Penguins and Phantoms is 6:05 p.m. at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza.
Individual game tickets for Penguins home games in 2022-23 as well as season-ticket packages for the upcoming 2023-24 season are on sale now. Full-Season, 22-game, 12-game, Flexbook and Premium Seating plans are available by reaching out to the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2023
- Kinkaid Posts 21-Save Shutout in Colorado's 8-0 Win Over San Jose - Colorado Eagles
- Stars Hold Off Firebirds In Cedar Park - Texas Stars
- San Diego Gulls Recognize World Down Syndrome Day - San Diego Gulls
- Amerks Force Overtime, Fall to Crunch in Shootout - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Top Amerks, 3-2, in Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Reign Sign Defenseman Cole Krygier to ATO - Ontario Reign
- Abbotsford Canucks Vs Bakersfield Condors Game Preview - Abbotsford Canucks
- Ontario Reign Sign Defenseman Cole Krygier to ATO - Ontario Reign
- Admirals Get Two from Predators - Milwaukee Admirals
- It's Crunch Time for the Wranglers - Calgary Wranglers
- Bears Visit Empire State, Host Phantoms - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Sign Jagger Joshua to AHL Contract - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Defenseman Max Crozier to Entry-Level Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Henderson Silver Knights Announce Partnership with Franklin Group - Henderson Silver Knights
- Bruins Buzz - March 21 - Providence Bruins
- Barracuda Sign Nathan Burke to ATO - San Jose Barracuda
- Griffins Continue Busy Stretch against Chicago, Iowa - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Ink Forward Brett Berard to ATO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 'Birds Broadcast, Granted - Coachella Valley Firebirds
- Monsters Introduce a New, Unique Fan Experience: the Modelo Fanboni - Cleveland Monsters
- Bridgeport Islanders Sign Krygier, Pivonka to Amateur Tryout Agreements - Bridgeport Islanders
- Condors Take on Abbotsford at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Penguins Look to Stay Hot Through STAR WARS Night, Kids Free Sunday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild at San Diego Gulls - Iowa Wild
- Top Hockey Prospects in United States Come to Utica this Week - Utica Comets
- Matt Luff Recalled by Red Wings - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Recalls Poirier and Loans Murray to Texas - Texas Stars
- Game #61 - Ontario Reign at Tucson Roadrunners - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.