Bridgeport Islanders Sign Krygier, Pivonka to Amateur Tryout Agreements
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - The Bridgeport Islanders, American Hockey League affiliate of the New York Islanders, have signed defenseman Christian Krygier and forward Jacob Pivonka to amateur tryout agreements (ATO).
Krygier, 22, completed his fifth and final season at Michigan State University earlier this month, recording four points (one goal, three assists) in 28 games while serving as an alternate captain. He had 20 points (four goals, 16 assists) in 158 total games with the Spartans including a career-high two goals, six assists and eight points in 36 games as a senior. The 6'2, 192-pound defenseman from Orlando, Florida also played two seasons with the Lincoln Stars of the United States Hockey League (USHL) from 2016-18, earning 13 points (two goals, 11 assists) in 98 games.
Krygier, the son of former NHL forward Todd Krygier, was selected by the New York Islanders in the seventh round (196th overall) of the 2018 NHL Draft.
Pivonka, 23, set career highs in goals (10), assists (eight) and points (18) in 37 games at the University of Nebraska Omaha this season. It was his only season with the Mavericks after spending each of the last four years at the University of Notre Dame, where he had 38 points (nine goals, 29 assists) in 129 games. Pivonka helped the Fighting Irish win the Big Ten Championship during his freshman campaign in 2018-19. The 5'11, 198-pound native of Olathe, Kansas also played two seasons with the United States National Development Program from 2016-18, helping win the silver medal at the 2018 U18 World Junior Championship.
Pivonka, the son of former NHL forward Michal Pivonka, was selected by the New York Islanders in the fourth round (103rd overall) of the 2018 NHL Draft.
Next Time Out: The Islanders head to Canada and begin a four-game road trip tomorrow night with a 7 p.m. matchup against the Laval Rocket at Place Bell. The game can be seen live via AHLTV.com or heard on the Bridgeport Islanders Radio Network.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2023
- Kinkaid Posts 21-Save Shutout in Colorado's 8-0 Win Over San Jose - Colorado Eagles
- Stars Hold Off Firebirds In Cedar Park - Texas Stars
- San Diego Gulls Recognize World Down Syndrome Day - San Diego Gulls
- Amerks Force Overtime, Fall to Crunch in Shootout - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Top Amerks, 3-2, in Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Reign Sign Defenseman Cole Krygier to ATO - Ontario Reign
- Abbotsford Canucks Vs Bakersfield Condors Game Preview - Abbotsford Canucks
- Ontario Reign Sign Defenseman Cole Krygier to ATO - Ontario Reign
- Admirals Get Two from Predators - Milwaukee Admirals
- It's Crunch Time for the Wranglers - Calgary Wranglers
- Bears Visit Empire State, Host Phantoms - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Sign Jagger Joshua to AHL Contract - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Defenseman Max Crozier to Entry-Level Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Henderson Silver Knights Announce Partnership with Franklin Group - Henderson Silver Knights
- Bruins Buzz - March 21 - Providence Bruins
- Barracuda Sign Nathan Burke to ATO - San Jose Barracuda
- Griffins Continue Busy Stretch against Chicago, Iowa - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Ink Forward Brett Berard to ATO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 'Birds Broadcast, Granted - Coachella Valley Firebirds
- Monsters Introduce a New, Unique Fan Experience: the Modelo Fanboni - Cleveland Monsters
- Bridgeport Islanders Sign Krygier, Pivonka to Amateur Tryout Agreements - Bridgeport Islanders
- Condors Take on Abbotsford at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Penguins Look to Stay Hot Through STAR WARS Night, Kids Free Sunday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild at San Diego Gulls - Iowa Wild
- Top Hockey Prospects in United States Come to Utica this Week - Utica Comets
- Matt Luff Recalled by Red Wings - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Recalls Poirier and Loans Murray to Texas - Texas Stars
- Game #61 - Ontario Reign at Tucson Roadrunners - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Islanders Stories
- Post-Game Autograph Sessions Returning this Season
- New York Islanders Sign Isaiah George
- Bridgeport Islanders Reveal Promotional Nights You Won't Want to Miss
- Bridgeport Islanders Sign Forward Tanner Fritz
- Bridgeport Islanders Name Matt Macdonald and Pascal Rhéaume as Assistant Coaches