Dallas Recalls Poirier and Loans Murray to Texas
FRISCO, Texas - Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the club has recalled goaltender Remi Poirier from the Texas Stars, Dallas' development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL). Additionally, the Stars have loaned goaltender Matt Murray to Texas.
In his first professional season, Poirier has fashioned a 5-3-2 record with a 2.48 goals-against average and .913 save percentage in 10 appearances with Texas this season. The 21-year-old netminder made his AHL debut on Nov. 9, 2022 at Colorado, stopping 29 of 31 shots in a 2-1 overtime loss. He earned his first career AHL victory on Feb. 19 at Milwaukee with a 33-save performance in a 3-2 overtime win.
The Farnham, Quebec native was selected by Dallas in the sixth round (185th overall) of the 2020 NHL Draft and signed a three-year entry-level contract on March 10, 2022.
Murray is 1-1-0 with a 3.52 goals-against average and .825 save percentage in two career appearances with Dallas this season. He made his NHL debut on March 2 at Chicago, stopping 19 of 21 shots in a 5-2 Stars victory to become the first Stars rookie netminder to win in his NHL debut on the road since Mike Smith on Oct. 21, 2006.
The 25-year-old goaltender has appeared in 29 games this season for Texas, posting a 14-9-5 record, 2.36 goals-against average, .909 save percentage and three shutouts in his first professional season.
Murray co-leads rookie goaltenders and shares third overall in goals-against average and ranks seventh among rookies in save percentage. Murray also shares first among AHL rookies and third overall in shutouts and shares eighth among rookies in wins. He earned victories in five consecutive starts from Dec. 9-31, 2022 and recorded his third shutout of the 2022-23 campaign on Feb. 25 vs. Bakersfield.
The 6-foot-1, 200-pound native of St. Albert, Alberta signed a one-year entry-level contract on Oct. 31, 2022.
2023-24 SEASON TICKET PACKAGES
Information on Full, 24-game, 12-game, and Club season ticket packages are available at TexasStars.com/tickets. Contact our ticket representatives to secure your package by email at email@example.com or calling (512) GO-STARS (467-8277).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2023
- Kinkaid Posts 21-Save Shutout in Colorado's 8-0 Win Over San Jose - Colorado Eagles
- Stars Hold Off Firebirds In Cedar Park - Texas Stars
- San Diego Gulls Recognize World Down Syndrome Day - San Diego Gulls
- Amerks Force Overtime, Fall to Crunch in Shootout - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Top Amerks, 3-2, in Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Reign Sign Defenseman Cole Krygier to ATO - Ontario Reign
- Abbotsford Canucks Vs Bakersfield Condors Game Preview - Abbotsford Canucks
- Ontario Reign Sign Defenseman Cole Krygier to ATO - Ontario Reign
- Admirals Get Two from Predators - Milwaukee Admirals
- It's Crunch Time for the Wranglers - Calgary Wranglers
- Bears Visit Empire State, Host Phantoms - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Sign Jagger Joshua to AHL Contract - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Defenseman Max Crozier to Entry-Level Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Henderson Silver Knights Announce Partnership with Franklin Group - Henderson Silver Knights
- Bruins Buzz - March 21 - Providence Bruins
- Barracuda Sign Nathan Burke to ATO - San Jose Barracuda
- Griffins Continue Busy Stretch against Chicago, Iowa - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Ink Forward Brett Berard to ATO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 'Birds Broadcast, Granted - Coachella Valley Firebirds
- Monsters Introduce a New, Unique Fan Experience: the Modelo Fanboni - Cleveland Monsters
- Bridgeport Islanders Sign Krygier, Pivonka to Amateur Tryout Agreements - Bridgeport Islanders
- Condors Take on Abbotsford at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Penguins Look to Stay Hot Through STAR WARS Night, Kids Free Sunday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild at San Diego Gulls - Iowa Wild
- Top Hockey Prospects in United States Come to Utica this Week - Utica Comets
- Matt Luff Recalled by Red Wings - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Recalls Poirier and Loans Murray to Texas - Texas Stars
- Game #61 - Ontario Reign at Tucson Roadrunners - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Stars Stories
- Dallas Stars Reduce Training Camp Roster
- Dallas Stars Announce Training Camp Roster at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park
- Dallas Stars Announce 2023 Training Camp Schedule in Cedar Park
- Texas Stars Announce Promotional Schedule
- Stars Announce Changes to Hockey Operations Staff