Novak Named AHL Rookie of the Month
Milwaukee, WI- The American Hockey League announced today that Admirals center Tommy Novak has been named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month for November.
After recording one assist in eight games in October, Novak, registered three goals and 10 assists in 12 games played during November - all Milwaukee wins.
Novak scored his first pro goal as part of a four-point night and earned first-star honors in a 6-4 Admirals triumph over Manitoba on Nov. 6. He scored again in a 6-3 win over Chicago on Nov. 13, and assisted on the game-winning goals in victories at Belleville on Nov. 16 and at Grand Rapids on Nov. 22. Novak extended his scoring streak to six games with a pair of helpers in a 5-0 win over Grand Rapids on Nov. 23, and notched a goal and an assist as the Admirals earned a 4-3 overtime win at San Antonio on Nov. 30.
A third-round selection by Nashville in the 2015 NHL Draft, Novak has three goals and 11 assists for 14 points in 21 games for Milwaukee this season. The 22-year-old native of River Falls, Wis., played four seasons at the University of Minnesota before making his pro debut with the Admirals on Mar. 22, 2019.
He becomes the first Admirals to win this award since Max Gortz did it in December of 2015.
Novak and the Admirals look for their 14th consecutive win when they visit the Texas Stars at 7 pm on Tuesday night. Milwaukee's next home game will be on Friday at 7 pm at Panther Arena against the Iowa Wild.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 2, 2019
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Star Wars and More - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: December 2 - Manitoba Moose
- Roadrunners Weekly: December 2 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Andrew Peeke, Monsters Sign Jason Binkley to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Minnesota Wild Assigns Defenseman Greg Pateryn to Iowa for Conditioning Assignment - Iowa Wild
- Coyotes Assign Vili Saarijarvi to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Annual State Farm Toy Drive Begins this Week - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Hosting Star Wars Night December 7 - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Red Wings Reassign Larsson, Griffins Swap Forwards with Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Novak Named AHL Rookie of the Month - Milwaukee Admirals
- Casey DeSmith Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Jansen Harkins Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month for November - Manitoba Moose
- Harkins, Novak, DeSmith Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for November - AHL
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Stolarz - San Diego Gulls
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Condors Collect 8,380 Bears for Community at Teddy Bear Toss - Bakersfield Condors
- Wolf Pack Weekly, December 2-8 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Trenin Name CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks to Collect Toys for the Pirate Toy Fund During Next Four Home Games - Rochester Americans
- Milwaukee's Yakov Trenin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Canucks Recall Michael DiPietro - Utica Comets
- Chicago Wolves Sign Maclise - Chicago Wolves
- Dive into the Heart of the American Hockey League with 25Stanley - Laval Rocket
- Monsters Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.